four VT100 terminals free - DEC

This is a discussion on four VT100 terminals free - DEC ; I'm narrowing the scope of my collection (translation - no room for everything anymore). I have four VT100s, in pretty good shape, and a few additional extra keyboards as well. Free to whoever wants to pick 'em up in Houston ...

  1. four VT100 terminals free

    I'm narrowing the scope of my collection (translation - no room for
    everything anymore). I have four VT100s, in pretty good shape, and a few
    additional extra keyboards as well. Free to whoever wants to pick 'em up in
    Houston Texas, near TC Jester & the North Loop. First come, first served....
    --
    Lee K. Gleason N5ZMR
    Control-G Consultants

  2. Re: four VT100 terminals free

    On Nov 19, 6:22 pm, "Lee K. Gleason" wrote:
    > I'm narrowing the scope of my collection (translation - no room for
    > everything anymore). I have four VT100s, in pretty good shape, and a few

    Lee,
    My wife would like for me to do the same. I have several boxes of
    RLO2 platters that I need to convert to images so I can play with them
    on SIMH or something like that before giving away my herd of 11's. I
    was wondering if you had a rig that would read and RL02 and could turn
    it into an image? I have a bunch of 04's, 34's a 23 and a 44, (some
    of them boot!) but so far I have not been able to get enogh things to
    talk to each other at the same time to do the job. I found a program
    that would run from linux, (can't remember the name) but it would
    transfer boot code to the 11 through a serial port to the console
    connector and then you could mount a volume and transmit across the
    console serial line and save it as an image. I got it running on a 34
    but that 34 did not have a RL02, so I hooked it to the console of the
    44 and found out the 44 uses different addresses/boot card:-( Then I
    moved and now nothing works.

    Also, I live up the road in Spring. If you can help me I can give you
    all my 11 stuff in trade, or sell it on e-bay and give you the
    proceedes or better yet my wife make the best pie crust anybod has
    ever tasted. Hopefully we can work something out. Maybe we could
    start a Houston DEC users group. If there is one already in town I
    would love to know about it.

    John

  3. Re: four VT100 terminals free

    wrote in message
    > On Nov 19, 6:22 pm, "Lee K. Gleason" wrote:
    > > I'm narrowing the scope of my collection (translation - no room for
    > > everything anymore). I have four VT100s, in pretty good shape, and a few

    > Lee,
    > My wife would like for me to do the same. I have several boxes of
    > RLO2 platters that I need to convert to images so I can play with them
    > on SIMH or something like that before giving away my herd of 11's. I
    > was wondering if you had a rig that would read and RL02 and could turn
    > it into an image?

    Ah, sorry, nope, don't have any RL02 drives.

    > Also, I live up the road in Spring. If you can help me I can give you
    > all my 11 stuff in trade,

    Heck, I'm trying to get some space back....talk like that is like offering
    a recovering alcoholinc a drink!

    >or sell it on e-bay and give you the
    > proceedes or better yet my wife make the best pie crust anybod has
    > ever tasted. Hopefully we can work something out. Maybe we could
    > start a Houston DEC users group. If there is one already in town I
    > would love to know about it.

    Haven't run into that many collectors here in old Houston town. If I meet
    anyone with functioning RL02's I'll let you know.
    --
    Lee K. Gleason N5ZMR
    lee.gleason@comcast.net

  4. Re: four VT100 terminals free

    On Nov 20, 10:13 am, "Lee K. Gleason" wrote:
    > wrote in message

    > > On Nov 19, 6:22 pm, "Lee K. Gleason" wrote:
    > > > I'm narrowing the scope of my collection (translation - no room for

    > > My wife would like for me to do the same. I have several boxes of

    > Ah, sorry, nope, don't have any RL02 drives.
    > [..]
    > Heck, I'm trying to get some space back....talk like that is like offering
    > a recovering alcoholinc a drink!

    I have an extra RL02. I could bring it by some evening and we could
    see if we could hook it up. What kind of beer do you drink? (Or if
    you prefer I will gladly spring for wine or whiskey)

+ Reply to Thread