WTB VR201-XX monitor, or replacement - DEC

This is a discussion on WTB VR201-XX monitor, or replacement - DEC ; Hi My last VR201 finally died and I am looking for a replacement. Well this brings me to the standard question: If I cannot find a cheap replacement VR201 can a pc monitor work on a PRO with the right ...

  1. WTB VR201-XX monitor, or replacement

    Hi
    My last VR201 finally died and I am looking for a replacement. Well
    this brings me to the standard question:
    If I cannot find a cheap replacement VR201 can a pc monitor work on a
    PRO with the right cable?
    As VR201 and other DEC monitors fade away, it would be nice to know
    what pc monitors will work with the "old" DEC stuff.
    Also didnot P/OS 3.2 support having a VT connected to the printer/
    serial port so you could have "multi sessions"??
    tks
    phil

  2. Re: WTB VR201-XX monitor, or replacement

    "tomarsin2015@comcast.net" wrote:

    > Hi
    > My last VR201 finally died and I am looking for a replacement. Well
    > this brings me to the standard question:
    > If I cannot find a cheap replacement VR201 can a pc monitor work on a
    > PRO with the right cable?
    > As VR201 and other DEC monitors fade away, it would be nice to know
    > what pc monitors will work with the "old" DEC stuff.
    > Also didnot P/OS 3.2 support having a VT connected to the printer/
    > serial port so you could have "multi sessions"??
    > tks
    > phil

    Is that a three-lead color, sync-on-green, BNC connectors?

    If so, would you like a 19-inch Trinitron (VRT19-DA)?

    I have two of them. They're heavy - 90 lbs. I cannot lift them anymore.

    I'm in the southwest suburbs of Chicago, Shorewood area, near Black Rd and Rt
    59.

    --
    David J Dachtera
    dba DJE Systems