Looking for advice about an abundance of Dec hardware and possible interested Dec users - DEC

This is a discussion on Looking for advice about an abundance of Dec hardware and possible interested Dec users - DEC ; Good Morning, I am in southern California looking to get some knowledgable advice about Dec systems. I have accumulated over the years a number of Dec system hardware components and now foind myself in need of finding a new home ...

  1. Looking for advice about an abundance of Dec hardware and possible interested Dec users

    Good Morning,

    I am in southern California looking to get some knowledgable advice
    about Dec systems. I have accumulated over the years a number of Dec
    system hardware components and now foind myself in need of finding a
    new home for some of these things. Enclosed is an itemized list of
    things that I have and that I willing to sell, trade, or barter with
    others for similiar things of interest.

    Burt

    My interests:

    1. In particular, I am interested in finding anyone out there who
    might have taken VAX systems and configured operating systems in quad
    slot back planes. I believe I have enough hardware to do that but
    would like to speak with someone who might have experience doing
    that.

    2. Also I have a Dec Professional 350 that seems function and would
    like to at least see it running an operting system before I find a
    nice home for it.

    3. Similarly, I have a Decmate III that would interesting to get up
    and running.

    4. I would like to know anything somoen might tell me about Dec
    systems might have if possible running Linux or other similiar public
    domain software.

    DEC Systems quantity Bus Description
    Heathkit H11 LSI-11 computer 1 Q
    Heathkit H19 paper tape punch and reader 1 Q
    Heathkit H27 dual floppy RK01 1 Q
    Heathkit H-11-1 4K memory 1 Q
    Heathkit WHA-11-16 16K memory 1 Q
    HeathKit H-11-2 parallel port 1 Q
    Heathkit assorted floppies, paper tapes, manuals, etc.
    DPM23 chassis 1 Q
    Data System Design DSD 880 1 Q
    PDP 11/23 Plus chassis 1 Q
    Professional 350 1
    Decmate III PC238-AA 1
    Q Bus card cages 2
    DSRVN-AA 1 Q DEC server 250 with KDJ11B
    VAX Station 3100 2

    DEC Components quantity Bus Description
    A009 12 bit A/D 1 U AD11-K Analogue-to-Digital Converter for
    11/34
    A638 1 U? 4 channel DAC
    DR11BV 1 U Differential line driver
    DR11K 1 U Differential line driver
    FPF-11 1 Q Floating point processor for PDP-11/23[+], (11/24?)
    M3106 1 Q DZQ11-M Q 4-line double-buffered async MUX, EIA
    50-10KB,
    M5976-SA 1 Q KZQA Qbus to SCSI adapter (for BA200/400 enclosures)
    M7195 1 Q MXV11-BF Q 128-Kbyte RAM, 2 async EIA SLU, I/O,
    clock,
    M7504 1 Q DEQNA-M Qbus to ethernet adapter, Q22, obsolete
    M7546 1 Q TQK50-AA TMSCP controller for TK50 tape unit
    M7551 2 Q MSV11 1-Mbyte 22-bit parity/CSR MOS RAM
    M7555 3 Q RQDX3 MFM Winchester and floppy disk controller
    M7559 1 Q TMSCP controller for TK70
    M7606 1 Q "KA630-AA MicroVAX II CPU w/1-Mbyte, floating point ,
    time of year clock, boot/diagnostic ROM, Q22
    "
    M7609 2 Q MS630-CA 8-Mbyte parity 36-bit RAM for KA630 (MicroVAX
    II)
    M7620 2 Q KA650-AA/BA MicroVAX III CPU (-AA full license, -BA
    workstation license), 90nS.
    M7621 3 Q MS650-AA 8-Mbyte RAM for KA650 (MicroVAX III)
    M7622 3 Q MS650-BA 16-Mbyte RAM for KA650 (MicroVAX III)
    M7624 2 Q KA640-AA MicroVAX 3300/3400 CPU: CVAX chip, Ethernet,
    DSSI, 4 Mbyte memory (640QR)
    M7625 1 Q MS650-BA MicroVAX III CPU (workstation license), 60nS
    M7626 1 Q KA660 VAX 4000 CPU, 57MHz, Q22, DSSI, ethernet
    M7651 1 Q DRV1W-S General-Purpose DMA Interface
    M7769 1 Q KFQSA-B Storage Adapter (DSSI Disk Interface), BA200
    series
    M7847 2 U "MS11-EP 4-Kword 18-bit RAM
    "
    M7856 1 U DL11-W RS-232 SLU & realtime clock option
    M7940 1 Q DLV11 Serial Line Unit (SLU, Async)
    M8043 3 Q DLVJ1-M 4-Line Asynchronous Interface (formerly DLV11-
    J)
    M8049 1 Q DRV11-J Hi-density parallel line unit (4 lines x 16
    bits)
    M8067 1 Q MSV11-PF 128-Kbyte MOS memory with parity CSR
    M8185 1 U KB11-EM 11/74 cache data path
    M8186 1 Q KDF11-A 11/23 CPU (Prior to etch rev. C, 18-bit
    M8190 3 Q KDJ11-B 11/84 CPU: J11 CPU 15MHz with unusable socket
    for FPJ11 and 2 SLUs, boot & diagnostic ROMs, 3 ROM
    M8192 1 Q KDJ11-AA LSI-11/73 CPU, 8-Kbyte cache, not FPJ11-AA
    compatibile (but can be upgraded)
    M8637 2 Q MSV11-JE 2-Mbyte ECC RAM.
    M9302 1 U 11/04 UNIBUS terminator, far end

    Other DEC Hardware quantity Bus Description
    AED WINC-05 C12 1 Q hard drive floppy drive card
    Compaq C1537-90485 1 PC SCSI Digital tape storage device
    Emulex TU1310401 846 1 Q Tape drive controller
    Emulex UC0710401-04 1 Q dual port SCSI interface
    Emulex UC0710401-01 1 Q single port SCSI interface
    Qumetrak 592 2 RK50 like floppy
    Seagate ST-412 2 10 MB MFM hard drive
    ADM3A 1 video terminal

  2. Re: Looking for advice about an abundance of Dec hardware and possible interested Dec users

    On Oct 13, 4:24 pm, Peterse...@gmail.com wrote:
> [...]
    > J)
    > M8049 1 Q DRV11-J Hi-density parallel line unit (4 lines x 16
    > bits)
    > M8067 1 Q MSV11-PF 128-Kbyte MOS memory with parity CSR
    > M8185 1 U KB11-EM 11/74 cache data path
    > M8186 1 Q KDF11-A 11/23 CPU (Prior to etch rev. C, 18-bit
    > M8190 3 Q KDJ11-B 11/84 CPU: J11 CPU 15MHz with unusable socket
    > for FPJ11 and 2 SLUs, boot & diagnostic ROMs, 3 ROM
    > M8192 1 Q KDJ11-AA LSI-11/73 CPU, 8-Kbyte cache, not FPJ11-AA
    > compatibile (but can be upgraded)
    > M8637 2 Q MSV11-JE 2-Mbyte ECC RAM.
    > M9302 1 U 11/04 UNIBUS terminator, far end
    >
    > Other DEC Hardware quantity Bus Description
    > AED WINC-05 C12 1 Q hard drive floppy drive card
    > Compaq C1537-90485 1 PC SCSI Digital tape storage device
    > Emulex TU1310401 846 1 Q Tape drive controller
    > Emulex UC0710401-04 1 Q dual port SCSI interface
    > Emulex UC0710401-01 1 Q single port SCSI interface

    Hi:

    Have you considered in putting this post to The Rescue List
    and cctalk ?

    Paco

  3. Re: Looking for advice about an abundance of Dec hardware and possible interested Dec users

    PetersenJV@gmail.com writes:

    > 4. I would like to know anything somoen might tell me about Dec
    > systems might have if possible running Linux or other similiar
    > public domain software.

    a. "public domain" has a specific legal meaning, and Linux isn't.
    b. Gentoo Linux, kernel 2.6.22, runs nicely on an AlphaStation 600A.

    mlp

  4. Re: Looking for advice about an abundance of Dec hardware and possible interested Dec users

    In article <1192285453.652023.250510@e34g2000pro.googlegroups. com>,
    wrote:
    >Good Morning,
    >
    >I am in southern California looking to get some knowledgable advice
    >about Dec systems. I have accumulated over the years a number of Dec
    >system hardware components and now foind myself in need of finding a
    >new home for some of these things. Enclosed is an itemized list of
    >things that I have and that I willing to sell, trade, or barter with
    >others for similiar things of interest.
    >
    >Burt
    >
    >My interests:
    >
    >1. In particular, I am interested in finding anyone out there who
    >might have taken VAX systems and configured operating systems in quad
    >slot back planes. I believe I have enough hardware to do that but
    >would like to speak with someone who might have experience doing
    >that.

    Well, you have a lot of disparate hardware there. I probably have more
    than that in my garage. It's hard to tell exactly what you want to do
    with it.

    Where in Southern California are you?

    --
    carl lowenstein marine physical lab, u.c. san diego
    clowenstein@ucsd.edu

  5. Re: Looking for advice about an abundance of Dec hardware and possible interested Dec users

    On Oct 16, 7:57 pm, c...@deeptow.ucsd.edu (Carl Lowenstein) wrote:
    > In article <1192285453.652023.250...@e34g2000pro.googlegroups. com>,
    >

    > wrote:
    > >Good Morning,

    > >I am in southern California looking to get some knowledgable advice
    > >about Dec systems. I have accumulated over the years a number of Dec
    > >system hardware components and now foind myself in need of finding a
    > >new home for some of these things. Enclosed is an itemized list of
    > >things that I have and that I willing to sell, trade, or barter with
    > >others for similiar things of interest.

    > >Burt

    > >My interests:

    > >1. In particular, I am interested in finding anyone out there who
    > >might have taken VAX systems and configured operating systems in quad
    > >slot back planes. I believe I have enough hardware to do that but
    > >would like to speak with someone who might have experience doing
    > >that.

    > Well, you have a lot of disparate hardware there. I probably have more
    > than that in my garage. It's hard to tell exactly what you want to do
    > with it.
    >
    > Where in Southern California are you?
    >
    > --
    > carl lowenstein marine physical lab, u.c. san diego
    > clowenst...@ucsd.edu- Hide quoted text -

    I'm in the Thousand Oaks California area. I am looking for someone
    who is equally crazy and would be interested in trading or exchanging
    some of these items for equal value or arcane interest.

    Jim

+ Reply to Thread