set different outgoing ip ( based on domain ip ) when sending emails - Debian

This is a discussion on set different outgoing ip ( based on domain ip ) when sending emails - Debian ; I would like change the outgoing IP address when sending an email dynamically based on the IP assigned with the domain, I am doing so because i have multiple clients and each of them has a dedicated IP, for now ...

  1. set different outgoing ip ( based on domain ip ) when sending emails

    I would like change the outgoing IP address when sending an email dynamically based on the IP assigned with the domain,
    I am doing so because i have multiple clients and each of them has a dedicated IP, for now all emails sent with the same outgoing IP ( the primary address for my server ),
    if one of my clients sends SPAM this IP would be blacklisted which will affect other clients... I have postfix 2.5.5 installed on Debian 5.0

    Any help ?!!!

  2. Post Re: set different outgoing ip ( based on domain ip ) when sending emails

    Sign up to an external mail provider that allows you to use multiple addresses like the Global Mail Exchange ie: gmx

    Your scared one of your clients might SPAM from a Debian Box... Your clients do realize that should they attempt to do so you will penalize them by removing them and their documents from the system in its entirety!? Along with possible grounds for immediate prosecution...

    Better to use an external provider and let them sweat it out if they're black-listed otherwise you will have the unfortunate lengthly process of explaining that you where not the originator of the SPAM just some idiot you gave a user account to, being the one to blame.

+ Reply to Thread