Re: For those who care about bts-link: call for adoption - Debian

This is a discussion on Re: For those who care about bts-link: call for adoption - Debian ; Quoting Pierre Habouzit (madcoder@debian.org): > Hi, > > As some of you may know, I've been the original creator of bts-link[0]. > Though, I have currently neither the motivation, nor the time to > maintain it, or run it on ...

  1. Re: For those who care about bts-link: call for adoption

    Quoting Pierre Habouzit (madcoder@debian.org):
    > Hi,
    >
    > As some of you may know, I've been the original creator of bts-link[0].
    > Though, I have currently neither the motivation, nor the time to
    > maintain it, or run it on a regular basis[1].
    >
    > I believe bts-link has become an important piece of our infrastructure,
    > especially for packagers with huge user base, but not only. This is why
    > it's more than time that I give bts-link to people that have the time to
    > care about the beast.

    Instead of doing huge threads cutting hairs in four pieces about
    whatever vote we should have in order to be sure not releasing lenny
    in the upcoming year, isn't there *really* someone in the crowd who
    would volunteer to maintain bts-link?

    As a package maintainer with a few upstreams having their own bugzilla
    (more particularly samba), bts-link has been an incredibly useful tool
    for me.

    Everybody know that *I* am personnally completely unable to maintain
    such beast but I know there are certainly many people among DD who
    can.

    So, pretty please, someone volunteer. Maintaining bts-link even
    deserves abandoning some package maintainance or whatever. We really
    need it.

    I think that the proposal made by Christoph Berg is, as of now, the
    most reasonable. Maybe it could be discussed during the upcoming
    Extremadura session (Nov 26-30) which is meant to be, among other, a
    QA session*?

    Actually, it could be a good idea for you to attend, Pierre....but for
    what I know of your usual schedule, that might be hard to arrange.

  2. Re: For those who care about bts-link: call for adoption

    On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 07:31:00AM +0000, Christian Perrier wrote:
    > I think that the proposal made by Christoph Berg is, as of now, the
    > most reasonable. Maybe it could be discussed during the upcoming
    > Extremadura session (Nov 26-30) which is meant to be, among other, a
    > QA session¬*?
    >
    > Actually, it could be a good idea for you to attend, Pierre....but for
    > what I know of your usual schedule, that might be hard to arrange.

    It's totally impossible for me to attend.

    --
    ·O· Pierre Habouzit
    ··O madcoder@debian.org

  3. Re: For those who care about bts-link: call for adoption

    Le mardi 11 novembre 2008 √* 08:31 +0100, Christian Perrier a √©crit :
    > As a package maintainer with a few upstreams having their own bugzilla
    > (more particularly samba), bts-link has been an incredibly useful tool
    > for me.
    >
    > Everybody know that *I* am personnally completely unable to maintain
    > such beast but I know there are certainly many people among DD who
    > can.

    Hi.

    FYI, I proposed my help to try and maintain the code (and subscribed to
    the bts-link development list, which other interested ones should do
    too, of course).

    But the most important task is maintaining the *service* from what I
    understood of the discussions... and as I'm no DD, I suppose I'm not a
    good candidate.

    HtH.

    Regards,
    --
    Olivier BERGER
    http://www-public.it-sudparis.eu/~berger_o/ - OpenPGP-Id: 1024D/6B829EEC

  4. Re: For those who care about bts-link: call for adoption

    On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 08:31, Christian Perrier wrote:
    > Quoting Pierre Habouzit (madcoder@debian.org):
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> As some of you may know, I've been the original creator of bts-link[0].
    >> Though, I have currently neither the motivation, nor the time to
    >> maintain it, or run it on a regular basis[1].
    >>
    >> I believe bts-link has become an important piece of our infrastructure,
    >> especially for packagers with huge user base, but not only. This is why
    >> it's more than time that I give bts-link to people that have the time to
    >> care about the beast.

    > Instead of doing huge threads cutting hairs in four pieces about
    > whatever vote we should have in order to be sure not releasing lenny
    > in the upcoming year, isn't there *really* someone in the crowd who
    > would volunteer to maintain bts-link?

    I'd be very welcome to maintain it, in the QA architecture, but I need
    some guidance in the setup on merkel and stuff like this.

    Cheers,