canonical list of port-specific CPP symbols - Debian

This is a discussion on canonical list of port-specific CPP symbols - Debian ; Hi, Is there a canonical list of symbols defined by each of the Debian architectures, e.g. do I test for Sparc using __sparc or __sparc__ ? How about m68k, hppa, etc? My first guess was that would be contained on ...

  1. canonical list of port-specific CPP symbols

    Hi,

    Is there a canonical list of symbols defined by each of the
    Debian architectures, e.g. do I test for Sparc using
    __sparc or __sparc__ ? How about m68k, hppa, etc?

    My first guess was that would be contained on http://ports.debian.org/
    but no such luck.

    Thanks,
    -Steve

  2. Re: canonical list of port-specific CPP symbols

    On Tue, 2008-11-11 at 01:22 -0600, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there a canonical list of symbols defined by each of the
    > Debian architectures, e.g. do I test for Sparc using
    > __sparc or __sparc__ ? How about m68k, hppa, etc?
    >
    > My first guess was that would be contained on http://ports.debian.org/
    > but no such luck.

    GCC will define __arch, __arch__, and if you don't use -ansi or -std=
    then the arch name by itself. (One more reason why you should use those
    options.) The architecture names probably aren't all the same as dpkg
    uses.

    This might be a useful addition to
    http://wiki.debian.org/ArchitectureSpecificsMemo

    Ben.

  3. Re: canonical list of port-specific CPP symbols

    "Steve M. Robbins" writes:

    > Is there a canonical list of symbols defined by each of the
    > Debian architectures, e.g. do I test for Sparc using
    > __sparc or __sparc__ ? How about m68k, hppa, etc?

    It's not Debian-specific, but the website at
    http://predef.sourceforge.net/
    is very useful.
    --
    "It was then I realized how dire my medical situation was. Here I was,
    a network admin, unable to leave, and here was someone with a broken