Kopete 4.1.3: Top-left icon is missing - Debian

This is a discussion on Kopete 4.1.3: Top-left icon is missing - Debian ; Hi there, a small but annoying problem, the top-left-icon of kopete is missing, instead a question mark is displayed. As a result of this, if kopete is minimized to system tray there will also a question mark be displayed. This ...

  1. Kopete 4.1.3: Top-left icon is missing

    Hi there,

    a small but annoying problem, the top-left-icon of kopete is missing,
    instead a question mark is displayed. As a result of this, if kopete
    is minimized to system tray there will also a question mark be
    displayed.
    This occurs with all kopete versions since kde4.0.
    Is this a problem of my machine or does anyone else run into the same problem?

    Regards
    Jeibie

  2. Re: Kopete 4.1.3: Top-left icon is missing

    Jeibie H пишет:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > a small but annoying problem, the top-left-icon of kopete is missing,
    > instead a question mark is displayed. As a result of this, if kopete
    > is minimized to system tray there will also a question mark be
    > displayed.
    > This occurs with all kopete versions since kde4.0.
    > Is this a problem of my machine or does anyone else run into the same problem?
    >
    > Regards
    > Jeibie

    It seems that it is your problem if it occured since 4.0, as I've been
    using debian experimental versions of kde4 and no such problem appeared
    to me even with current versions. Try reinstalling packages with
    icons(it's something like kde-base-icons) and kopete package.

  3. Re: Kopete 4.1.3: Top-left icon is missing

    On Monday 10 November 2008 07:40:06 Juergen Hornung wrote:
    > Hmm, there is no package like kde-base-icons or similar and of course, I
    > reinstalled kopete before I wrote that mail.
    > I wrote that mail because I looked at other packages content (for example
    > kmail, akregator) and there is an icons called
    >
    > /usr/share/kde4/apps/akregator/about/top-left-akregator.png
    >
    > and this icon and path is missing in kopete.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Try generating another user and see if kopete has the same behaviour. I have
    been using it since 4.0 and didn't had the problem you describe.

    Regards, Lisandro.

    --
    FAQ del pequeño tomi:
    P- ¿Que cuernos es una particion swap?