You might try updating the BIOS to see if Sony added this functionality, but short of that, you are kind of out of luck.

Rob Smith
Posted via WinMobilePro6.1

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Smith
Sent: Saturday, November 08, 2008 4:50 PM
To: debian-laptop@lists.debian.org
Subject: Pen Drive Boot

I made a bootable pen drive using the "create USB startup disk" option.
The laptop in question is a Sony VAIO VGN FJ200 series running Ubuntu
8.10. The pen drive will boot as I verified it on another machine just
now. The problem seems to be that this laptop does not have a "USB"
option in the BIOS setup. Can this be added somehow? Should I try to
update the BIOS?

Welcoming any and all ideas.

Jim

--
Its only a hobby, only a hobby, only a hobby, only a ho............