Pen Drive Boot - Debian

This is a discussion on Pen Drive Boot - Debian ; I made a bootable pen drive using the "create USB startup disk" option. The laptop in question is a Sony VAIO VGN FJ200 series running Ubuntu 8.10. The pen drive will boot as I verified it on another machine just ...

  1. Pen Drive Boot

    I made a bootable pen drive using the "create USB startup disk" option.
    The laptop in question is a Sony VAIO VGN FJ200 series running Ubuntu
    8.10. The pen drive will boot as I verified it on another machine just
    now. The problem seems to be that this laptop does not have a "USB"
    option in the BIOS setup. Can this be added somehow? Should I try to
    update the BIOS?

    Welcoming any and all ideas.

    Jim

    --
    Its only a hobby, only a hobby, only a hobby, only a ho............

  2. Re: Pen Drive Boot

    On Sat, Nov 08, 2008 at 05:50:10PM EST, Jim Smith wrote:
    > I made a bootable pen drive using the "create USB startup disk" option.
    > The laptop in question is a Sony VAIO VGN FJ200 series running Ubuntu
    > 8.10. The pen drive will boot as I verified it on another machine just
    > now. The problem seems to be that this laptop does not have a "USB"
    > option in the BIOS setup. Can this be added somehow? Should I try to
    > update the BIOS?
    >
    > Welcoming any and all ideas.

    WakePUP..?