etch & nforce - Debian

This is a discussion on etch & nforce - Debian ; Going thru the Debian site, it seems that an etch install will not recognize the Nvidia nforce ethernet controller. Is that right -- FUB...

  1. etch & nforce

    --
    FUB

  2. Re: etch & nforce

    On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 14:47:45 -0500, edju wrote:

    > Going thru the Debian site, it seems that an etch install will not
    > recognize the Nvidia nforce ethernet controller. Is that right

    It's a while since I ran Etch, but ISTR that it didn't work straight
    away, but did after a certain amount of updating and fiddling. I spent
    about $10 for a Netgear card to put off the fiddling to a convenient
    time, but I could have deferred it forever by that method.

    Mine (from lspci)

    00:07.0 Bridge: nVidia Corporation MCP61 Ethernet (rev a2)

    now works happily under Lenny, if that helps.

  3. Re: etch & nforce

    edju wrote:
    > Going thru the Debian site, it seems that an etch install will not
    > recognize the Nvidia nforce ethernet controller. Is that right

    I ran etch on my box with an nvidia ethernet controller and a 3com
    controller onboard and both of them worked just fine.

    --
    George Kettleborough

  4. Re: etch & nforce

    "edju" wrote
    > Going thru the Debian site, it seems that an etch install will not
    > recognize the Nvidia nforce ethernet controller. Is that right

    I think it was Sarge which didn't have the forcedeth module, and therefore
    didn't support the nVidia NIC. I've been running Lenny for about a year now,
    but ISTR that the nVidia NIC worked fine with Etch.

    Cheers,

    CC

+ Reply to Thread