RC1 release announcement text - Debian

This is a discussion on RC1 release announcement text - Debian ; (please forgive any mistake: this is the first time I'm doing this...) Attached is the proposed text for the announcement for the D-I RC1 release. I worked on a local copy of the website CVS repository, where I added webwml/english/devel/debian-installer/News/2008/20081114.wml ...

  1. RC1 release announcement text

    (please forgive any mistake: this is the first time I'm doing this...)

    Attached is the proposed text for the announcement for the D-I RC1
    release.

    I worked on a local copy of the website CVS repository, where I added
    webwml/english/devel/debian-installer/News/2008/20081114.wml (assumign
    the release would happen on Nov. 14th).

    That file is attached to this mail and was built from
    http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/ReleaseAnnounce

    I'm not sure this is the correct process, so feel free to correct me
    if I'm wrong.

    --

  2. Re: RC1 release announcement text

    Hi,

    On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 12:38:54 +0100 Christian Perrier wrote:
    > Attached is the proposed text for the announcement for the D-I RC1
    > release.

    At the end of that file:

    We do need your help to find bugs and further improve the installer, so please
    try it. Installer CDs, other media and everything you else you will need are
    available at our web site.

    Our thanks to everybody who has contributed to this release.

    Installation CDs and DVDs, other media, errata, and everything else you'll need
    are available from our web site.

    everything you else you will need
    ^^^ this you has to be deleted

    And: chapter with information about installer cds are existing two times here.

    Holger

  3. Re: RC1 release announcement text

    Christian Perrier writes:

    > (please forgive any mistake: this is the first time I'm doing this...)
    >
    > Attached is the proposed text for the announcement for the D-I RC1
    > release.
    >
    > I worked on a local copy of the website CVS repository, where I added
    > webwml/english/devel/debian-installer/News/2008/20081114.wml (assumign
    > the release would happen on Nov. 14th).
    >
    > That file is attached to this mail and was built from
    > http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/ReleaseAnnounce
    >
    > I'm not sure this is the correct process, so feel free to correct me
    > if I'm wrong.

    <...>

    Thanks a lot in helping with it :-)

    Known issues in this release

    • Installations in Russian (and possibly some other languages) may fail due to an error from aptitude; most languages seem unaffected;

    • Solved.

    • i386/amd64:GRUB installation on cpqarray RAID volumes
      > (/dev/ida/cXdX) may fail;

    • Solved.

    • Known issues for the graphical installer:

      • touchpads should work, but support may not be optimal; if you
        > experience problems, you should use an external mouse instead;

      • I believe it has also been solved by Frans can probably contribute and
        see if he remember of any remaining issue.

      • should work on almost all PowerPC systems that have an ATI graphics card, but is unlikely to work on other PowerPC systems;

      • >

    • An entra

      Again, thanks by working on that.

      --
      O T A V I O S A L V A D O R
      E-mail: otavio@debian.org UIN: 5906116

  4. Re: RC1 release announcement text

    Quoting Christian Perrier (bubulle@debian.org):
    > (please forgive any mistake: this is the first time I'm doing this...)
    >
    > Attached is the proposed text for the announcement for the D-I RC1
    > release.

    Here's the reworked version after yesterday's tests and corrections
    suggested by debian-l10n-english as well as Otavio.

+ Reply to Thread