Debianification of my new Laptop :D - Debian

This is a discussion on Debianification of my new Laptop :D - Debian ; Hey, I just bought a Dell Inspiron 1525 that came with Ubuntu 8.04... first task was to ditch Ubuntu and put Debian Lenny on - and everything you'll be pleased to hear works just great! However I'm not a great ...

  1. Debianification of my new Laptop :D

    Hey,

    I just bought a Dell Inspiron 1525 that came with Ubuntu 8.04... first
    task was to ditch Ubuntu and put Debian Lenny on - and everything you'll
    be pleased to hear works just great!
    However I'm not a great fan of Dell, they were just cheap and it seemed
    a good bet Debian would have little trouble installing on a laptop build
    for Ubuntu.

    I'd like to replace the 4.5cm round Dell badge on the top of the Laptop
    with a Debian one! See my "imagined" before and after pics below...

    http://www.cyorxamp.info/dump/laptop-before.png
    http://www.cyorxamp.info/dump/laptop-after.png

    I'd need to be able to do it without damaging the case in any way as
    I've 12 months left on the warranty - but if there's some way I can pop
    out the Dell badge and (even if it needs a tad bit of glue) pop in a
    replacement one - this would be great if any of you know where I could
    get these made!

    Any tips?

    --
    Sincerely...

    Steven Maddox
    (Cyorxamp)

    Cyorxamp's Personal Website
    http://www.cyorxamp.info

  2. Re: Debianification of my new Laptop :D

  3. Re: Debianification of my new Laptop :D