Tutorials - Debian

This is a discussion on Tutorials - Debian ; Hi! I got question about manuals from the directory: http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/ as long as I live, It was easier to me to learn from paper type books. I do not like reading online courses. I would like to print the manuals ...

  1. Tutorials

    Hi!

    I got question about manuals from the directory:

    http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/

    as long as I live, It was easier to me to learn from paper type books.
    I do not like reading online courses. I would like to print the
    manuals (security, network administration, system administration) from
    the link above, but the manuals format seems to be not suitable for
    that purpose.

    Could You send me those tutorials converted to pdf or similar files
    (or teach me how Could I do that by myself)?

    Best Regards,
    Robert Grubba

  2. Re: Tutorials

    Hello,

    On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 05:22:29PM +0100, Robert wrote:
    > I got question about manuals from the directory:
    > http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/
    >
    > as long as I live, It was easier to me to learn from paper type books.
    > I do not like reading online courses. I would like to print the
    > manuals (security, network administration, system administration) from
    > the link above, but the manuals format seems to be not suitable for
    > that purpose.
    >
    > Could You send me those tutorials converted to pdf or similar files
    > (or teach me how Could I do that by myself)?

    At http://www.debian.org/doc/#manuals you can follow link to the manual
    you want to download, for example:
    http://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#faq from which you can download
    the manual you want in the language you want in the format you want :-)

    @debian-www: should we avoid such a directory listing at
    http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/ ?

    --
    Simon Paillard