How to stop building libv4l on non-Linux architectures - Debian

This is a discussion on How to stop building libv4l on non-Linux architectures - Debian ; Hi, I'm the maintainer of libv4l which passed the new queue yesterday. Obviously the package build failed on non-Linux architectures [1]. How do I handle this situation? Should I list all supported architectures in the control file, or will the ...

  1. How to stop building libv4l on non-Linux architectures

    Hi,

    I'm the maintainer of libv4l which passed the new queue yesterday.
    Obviously the package build failed on non-Linux architectures [1]. How
    do I handle this situation? Should I list all supported architectures in
    the control file, or will the Hurd and BSD porter teams add libv4l to
    the NOT-FOR-US list?

    Thanks,
    Gregor

    [1] http://buildd.debian-ports.org/statu...e.php?p=libv4l

  2. Re: How to stop building libv4l on non-Linux architectures

    On Sun, 2008-11-02 at 14:16 +0100, Gregor Jasny wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm the maintainer of libv4l which passed the new queue yesterday.
    > Obviously the package build failed on non-Linux architectures [1]. How
    > do I handle this situation? Should I list all supported architectures in
    > the control file,

    Either that or it can be added to wanna-build's packages-arch-specific
    list. Mail Lamont Jones if you want that change
    made.

    > or will the Hurd and BSD porter teams add libv4l to
    > the NOT-FOR-US list?

    I believe not-for-us is intended for temporary use where a build attempt
    can break the buildd.

    Ben.

+ Reply to Thread