Re: Perl CGI output truncated - Debian

This is a discussion on Re: Perl CGI output truncated - Debian ; On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 03:39:14PM +1100, Gerard Sharpe wrote: > Scratching my head with an issue where my Perl CGI output is being > truncated, however when running directly from the command line it > works. I've tried ...

  1. Re: Perl CGI output truncated

    On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 03:39:14PM +1100, Gerard Sharpe wrote:
    > Scratching my head with an issue where my Perl CGI output is being
    > truncated, however when running directly from the command line it
    > works. I've tried apache2 without any chance.
    >
    > Below is a minimal version of a script I'm useing to pull info from a
    > Cisco router and display in the web browser:

    have you tried the Net::Telnet::Cisco module?

    or you might want to look at how Looking Glass does it:

    http://wiki.version6.net/LG

    "LG is a Looking Glass written in Perl as a CGI script. It can execute
    almost all BGP-related commands and do ping and traceroute in
    routers or relay these queries to other looking glasses. It supports
    both IPv4 and IPv6 commands, and is tested with Cisco, Zebra, and
    Juniper. It can connect to a router using SSH, telnet or rsh. "

    craig

    --
    craig sanders

  2. Re: Perl CGI output truncated

    Hello,

    Craig Sanders a écrit (Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 10:50:25AM +1100) :
    > have you tried the Net::Telnet::Cisco module?

    BTW, the clogin command from the rancid suite

    http://packages.debian.org/etch/rancid-core

    is very useful to script
    some commands for network equipments (Cisco and al.).

    clogin(1) clogin(1)

    NAME
    clogin - Cisco/Foundry login script

    SYNOPSIS
    clogin [-autoenable] [-noenable] [-c command] [-E var=x]
    [-e enable-password] [-f cloginrc- file] [-p user-password]
    [-s script-file] [-t timeout] [-u username] [-v
    vty-password] [-w enable-username] [-x command-file] [-y
    ssh_cypher_type] router [router...]

    DESCRIPTION
    clogin is an expect(1) script to automate the process of
    logging into a Cisco router, catalyst switch, Extreme
    switch, Juniper ERX/E-series, Procket Networks, or Redback
    router. There are complementary scripts for Alteon, Bay
    Networks (nortel), ADC-kentrox EZ-T3 mux, Foundry, HP
    Procurve Switches, Hitachi Routers, Juniper Networks,
    Netscreen firewalls, Netscaler, Riverstone, and Lucent TNT,
    named alogin, blogin, elogin, flogin, hlogin, htlogin,
    jlogin, nlogin, nslogin, rivlogin, and tntlogin,
    respectively.

    clogin reads the .cloginrc file for its configuration, then
    connects and logins into each of the routers specified on
    the command line in the order listed. Command-line options
    exist to override some of the directives found in the
    .cloginrc configuration file.

    etc.

    HTH,

    --
    Emmanuel Halbwachs
    Resp. Réseau/Sécurité Observatoire de Paris-Meudon