Re: URGENT: Please remove my email from your web-page - Debian

This is a discussion on Re: URGENT: Please remove my email from your web-page - Debian ; On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 17:50 +0100, Bernhard.von.Weyhe@esa.int wrote: > Dear colleague, > > Could you please remove my email address: bernhard.von.weyhe@esa.int - or the > short version bvw@esa.int from all parts from of your web portal? > > In particular, ...

  1. Re: URGENT: Please remove my email from your web-page

    On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 17:50 +0100, Bernhard.von.Weyhe@esa.int wrote:
    > Dear colleague,
    >
    > Could you please remove my email address: bernhard.von.weyhe@esa.int - or the
    > short version bvw@esa.int from all parts from of your web portal?
    >
    > In particular, I found it here:
    > http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel.../msg00239.html
    >
    > Currently, I am really flooded with spam-emails due to such public display of
    > my email.

    What, like here: ?

    I fail to see how you can do the job of

    > Media Relations Officer /
    > Responsable de communication pour la France

    without making your email address public.

    Ben.

  2. Re: URGENT: Please remove my email from your web-page

    Dear Bernhard,

    First of all I would like to apologise for the harshness of the answers you
    received.

    Nevertheless, by sending your request on our mailing lists, you just multiplied
    by four the number of occurences of your address in our web archive. It is our
    policy to not remove messages after they have been willingfully posted by their
    authors. While this could have been be questionnable for your out of office
    reply, this is definitely the case for the request you sent yesterday.

    I recommend you to contact the informatics team of your institution to set up
    filtering system. As it was pointed out in the other answers you received, your
    email adress is available on Internet, so no matter our decisions you will get
    some unsollicited emails.

    Lastly, as a disclaimer I would like to underline that I am not a listmaster of
    the Debian project.

    Best regards,

    --
    Charles Plessy
    Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan

    a particular attention from email harvesters. It is therefore not so surprising
    that we have complains like the one you answered to: some addresses stay
    unnoticed on leaf nodes of the Internet, and the first spams can correlate with
    the publication of the addresses on our lists. I recommend that we should take
    this into account and be careful to not increase the inconvenience by quoting
    the address that the persons request us to delete…

    Have a nice day,

    --
    Charles Plessy
    Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan

    > a particular attention from email harvesters. It is therefore not so surprising
    > that we have complains like the one you answered to: some addresses stay

    But then he should not complain sending emails to
    debian-devel
    and
    debian-devel-announce
    multiplying even more much more his problem.

    Then keeping his email private as a publicity officer of the ESA, are
    you joking? His email can be found on several web pages.

    Anyone with a decent intelligent approach would ask the list masters,
    admins, whoever, and NOT post again on debian-devel.

    Best wishes

    Norbert

    Dr. Norbert Preining Vienna University of Technology
    Debian Developer Debian TeX Group
    SNEEM (n.,vb.)
    Particular kind of frozen smile bestowed on a small child by a parent
    in mixed company when question, 'Mummy, what's this?' appears to
    require the answer,' Er...it's a rubber johnny, darling'.
    --- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff

  5. Re: URGENT: Please remove my email from your web-page

    Le Wednesday 29 October 2008 11:17:57 Norbert Preining, vous avez écrit*:
    > Anyone with a decent intelligent approach would ask the list masters,
    > admins, whoever, and NOT post again on debian-devel.

    I think that Charles meant that, even though someone makes a naive request for
    which you -- and I -- believe is ridiculous, it doesn't give you the right to
    give a rude answer, or worse, insult him.

    Romain

  6. Re: URGENT: Please remove my email from your web-page

    On Mi, 29 Okt 2008, Romain Beauxis wrote:
    > give a rude answer, or worse, insult him.

    Just to make it clear, I had private email conversation with him and he
    agreed on all points.