Re: URGENT: Please remove my email from your web-page - Debian

This is a discussion on Re: URGENT: Please remove my email from your web-page - Debian ; On Di, 28 Okt 2008, Bernhard.von.Weyhe@esa.int wrote: > Could you please remove my email address: bernhard.von.weyhe@esa.int - or the > short version bvw@esa.int from all parts from of your web portal? > > In particular, I found it here: > ...

  1. Re: URGENT: Please remove my email from your web-page

    On Di, 28 Okt 2008, Bernhard.von.Weyhe@esa.int wrote:
    > Could you please remove my email address: bernhard.von.weyhe@esa.int - or the
    > short version bvw@esa.int from all parts from of your web portal?
    >
    > In particular, I found it here:
    > http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel.../msg00239.html

    Forget it. If you post on public mailing lists then your email is
    public. Better to use a @hotmail or whatever adress if you don't want to
    publicize your address.

    And, even IF the admins remove the email, did you ever heard about
    Google??? Do you really believe that your email adress will disappear.

    I am a bit surprised from an official of the European Space Agency to
    see such a complete incomprehension of the Internet.

    > Currently, I am really flooded with spam-emails due to such public display of
    > my email.

    Ever heard about dspam, spam-assassin, or any other spam filter. I am
    quite sure that the spam amount I am facing here is comparable, but
    using dspam I don't see it at all.

    Best wishes

    Norbert

    Dr. Norbert Preining Vienna University of Technology
    Debian Developer Debian TeX Group

  2. Re: URGENT: Please remove my email from your web-page

    * Norbert Preining :
    > On Di, 28 Okt 2008, Bernhard.von.Weyhe@esa.int wrote:
    > > Could you please remove my email address: bernhard.von.weyhe@esa.int - or the
    > > short version bvw@esa.int from all parts from of your web portal?
    > >
    > > In particular, I found it here:
    > > http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel.../msg00239.html

    I found it here:
    http://www.esa.int/esaCP/Pr_63_2004_p_GE.html
    which predates
    http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel.../msg00239.html by three
    years.

    --
    Ralf Hildebrandt (i.A. des GB IT) Ralf.Hildebrandt@charite.de
    Charite - Universitätsmedizin Berlin Tel. +49 (0)30-450 570-155