D-I Manual - String freeze / Call to update translations (deadline: Nov 10) - Debian

This is a discussion on D-I Manual - String freeze / Call to update translations (deadline: Nov 10) - Debian ; As nobody else seems willing to do this, I've decided to take care of the upload of the manual myself after all. There have been a fair number of changes over the past weeks: - most importantly: description of how ...

  1. D-I Manual - String freeze / Call to update translations (deadline: Nov 10)

    As nobody else seems willing to do this, I've decided to take care of the
    upload of the manual myself after all.

    There have been a fair number of changes over the past weeks:
    - most importantly: description of how to load firmware (new XML file)
    - some updates regarding architecture support
    - some general updates
    - some spelling/grammar fixes (unfuzzied where possible)

    There are still a few changes needed, but those will not impact
    translations as it's just updating some entities (size of tasks etc.).
    Some of these can only really be done after D-I RC1 is released.

    Almost all translations need updates! The deadline for translation updates
    is in two weeks: ***Monday November 10***.

    Depending on the progress of the Lenny release I may be able to extend the
    deadline a bit, but please do not count on that. The criteria for the
    release are the same as always: only fully translated languages are
    included; exceptions are possible, but only after discussion.

    Cheers,
    FJP

  2. Re: D-I Manual - String freeze / Call to update translations (deadline: Nov 10)

    On Sunday 26 October 2008, Frans Pop wrote:
    > Almost all translations need updates! The deadline for translation
    > updates is in two weeks: ***Monday November 10***.

    The following translations are now complete:
    Czech, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Swedish, Chinese (simplified)

    Greek is complete, but fails to build due to errors in the translation.

    The following languages still need work:
    - Brazilian
    - Catalan
    - Finnish
    - Hungarian (not updated since Etch)
    - Japanese
    - Korean
    - Russian (even after today's commit!)
    - Spanish
    - Vietnamese

    For the current status of translations, see:
    http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/

    There are now only eight days left to complete translations!

    Cheers,
    FJP

  3. Re: D-I Manual - String freeze / Call to update translations (deadline: Nov 10)

    On Sunday 02 November 2008, Frans Pop wrote:
    > On Sunday 26 October 2008, Frans Pop wrote:
    > > Almost all translations need updates! The deadline for translation
    > > updates is in two weeks: ***Monday November 10***.

    > The following translations are now complete:
    > Czech, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Swedish, Chinese
    > (simplified)

    These are now joined by:
    Greek, Japanese, Russian

    Update of the Finnish translation has started, but there's still some way
    to go.

    I've not yet seen any activity for the following translations:
    - Brazilian
    - Catalan
    - Hungarian (not updated since Etch)
    - Korean (very close at 98%!)
    - Spanish
    - Vietnamese

    For the current status of translations, see:
    http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/

    There are now ONLY TWO days left to complete translations!

    Cheers,
    FJP

  4. Re: D-I Manual - String freeze / Call to update translations (deadline: Nov 12)

    On Saturday 08 November 2008, Frans Pop wrote:
    > Update of the Finnish translation has started, but there's still some
    > way to go.

    Finnish is now complete.

    > I've not yet seen any activity for the following translations:
    > - Brazilian
    > - Catalan

    Not completely unexpected, the translators for the two languages above
    committed partial updates at the very last moment.
    The deadline was yesterday folks. If you're going to leave things this
    late, then please at least contact me!

    * Brazillian fails to build because of a missing new file.
    * Catalan still needs updates for 7 files.

    I'm going to extend the deadline by 48 hours until ** 12 Nov 24:00 UTC **
    to allow these two translations to be completed.
    If they are not complete by that time I will do this upload without them.

    For Korean: your translation is at 98% (28 fuzzy and 9 untranslated).
    Translations have in the past been done (or at least committed) by
    Changwoo Ryu.
    If there is anybody who can complete these last few strings so that Korean
    can be included in the upload as well, then please contact me! It would
    be a great pity if it was not included.

    Cheers,
    FJP

+ Reply to Thread