Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux - Debian

This is a discussion on Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux - Debian ; On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 14:04:04 +0200, ml2mst wrote: > High Plains Thumper schreef: > >> Hadron wrote: >> >>> Now, most of the COLA "advocates" have never ever taken part in a help >>> group. Primarily because they know ...

  1. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 14:04:04 +0200, ml2mst wrote:

    > High Plains Thumper schreef:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> Now, most of the COLA "advocates" have never ever taken part in a help
    >>> group. Primarily because they know nothing about Linux. They are
    >>> blinded by the stars in their eyes at being "l33t" - witness Marti and
    >>> his "familiar with turning swap on"

    > ROTFL
    >
    > And again, "Hadron Quark" just /proved/ he knows next to nothing about
    > GNU/Linux.
    >
    > As I wrote before /swapon/ is the command which is required to activate
    > the swap partition on /every/ GNU/Linux distribution which lacks to do
    > this automatically.
    >
    > Most GNU/Linux distributions however do this automatically and thus, the
    > swapon command is not required (they simply use *swapon* in the
    > background, without even noticing the user).
    >
    > *REQUEST*
    >
    > Could someone /please/ crosspost this to the Debian Newsgroups, since my
    > (Free/Gratis) NNTP provider does not support crossposting. Just to prove
    > to the Debian groups, how ignorant "Hardon Quarck" is of GNU/Linux.

    Done.

    Subject: 3.4 The nasty Troll

    >> If anyone does anything which will interfere with the troll's
    >> ability to cause mayhem, they can become very nasty, posting from
    >> obviously incorrect variations of the name etc. insults, call
    >> them netcops, netnannies, homosexuals.
    >>
    >> also
    >>
    >> http://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/

    7.6 Trespasser Disinformation Tactics [...]

    --
    Debian Stable is NOT one of the most stable. Not in terms of "it is rock
    solid". It is "stable" because rarely do any new fixes come out for
    From: Hadron

  2. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    After takin' a swig o' grog, William Poaster belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    >> Could someone /please/ crosspost this to the Debian Newsgroups, since my
    >> (Free/Gratis) NNTP provider does not support crossposting. Just to prove
    >> to the Debian groups, how ...

    > Done.

    Not cool, dude.

    --
    : 1. What is the possibility of this being added in the future?
    In the near future, the probability is close to zero. In the distant

+ Reply to Thread