Screen Lock & Locate Pointer - Debian

This is a discussion on Screen Lock & Locate Pointer - Debian ; Hi all, I am running Debian Testing with Gnome desktop enviroment 2.6.26-1-686 #1 SMP Thu Oct 9 15:18:09 UTC 2008 i686 GNU/Linux I not sure if this is a bug or not, but when I activate the the 'Locate Pointer' ...

  1. Screen Lock & Locate Pointer

    Hi all,

    I am running Debian Testing with Gnome desktop enviroment
    2.6.26-1-686 #1 SMP Thu Oct 9 15:18:09 UTC 2008 i686 GNU/Linux

    I not sure if this is a bug or not, but when I activate the the
    'Locate Pointer' under System => Preferences => Mouse, which uses the
    Control key to show the position of were the mouse pointer is on the
    screen. I have noticed that when this is activated the Lock Screen
    function (ctrl + alt + l) no longer locks the screen.

    The only reason I had to turn on the 'Locate Pointer' function is
    cause when I was out in the daylight in the car GPS tracking for Open
    Street Maps it was hard to find where the mouse was on the screen, and
    no I was not driving and operating my laptop at the same time.

    Is there anyway to fix this little problem besides changing the key
    bindings for the 'screen lock' cause I have had a look into changing
    the 'Locate Pointer' key binding but that seems to be hard coded some
    where.

    Regards
    Dale
    --
    [WWW] http://southernvaleslug.org/
    [IRC] #southern-vales.lug on irc.freenode.net

  2. Re: Screen Lock & Locate Pointer

    Hello,

    On Wed, 2008-10-22 at 14:07 +1030, Dale wrote:
    > I not sure if this is a bug or not, but when I activate the the
    > 'Locate Pointer' under System => Preferences => Mouse, which uses the
    > Control key to show the position of were the mouse pointer is on the
    > screen. I have noticed that when this is activated the Lock Screen
    > function (ctrl + alt + l) no longer locks the screen.

    This is off topic on this list.

    Franklin

  3. Re: Screen Lock & Locate Pointer

    ["Followup-To:" header set to linux.debian.user.]
    Dale :

    > I am running Debian Testing with Gnome desktop enviroment
    > 2.6.26-1-686 #1 SMP Thu Oct 9 15:18:09 UTC 2008 i686 GNU/Linux
    >
    > I not sure if this is a bug or not, but when I activate the the
    > 'Locate Pointer' under System => Preferences => Mouse, which uses the
    > Control key to show the position of were the mouse pointer is on the
    > screen. I have noticed that when this is activated the Lock Screen
    > function (ctrl + alt + l) no longer locks the screen.
    >
    > The only reason I had to turn on the 'Locate Pointer' function is
    > cause when I was out in the daylight in the car GPS tracking for Open
    > Street Maps it was hard to find where the mouse was on the screen, and

    Consider installing big-cursor.