cron pulling citadel-server instead of exim4. - Debian

This is a discussion on cron pulling citadel-server instead of exim4. - Debian ; Hi all, on a minimal Lenny system, I wanted to install cowbuilder and ended up with a very surprising debconf question about citadel-server. "aptitude why" explains that it was pulled by cron: charles@moulinette:~$ aptitude why citadel-server i cron Recommends exim4 ...

  1. cron pulling citadel-server instead of exim4.

    Hi all,

    on a minimal Lenny system, I wanted to install cowbuilder and ended up
    with a very surprising debconf question about citadel-server. "aptitude
    why" explains that it was pulled by cron:

    charles@moulinette:~$ aptitude why citadel-server
    i cron Recommends exim4 | postfix | mail-transport-agent
    i A citadel-mta Provides mail-transport-agent
    i A citadel-mta Depends citadel-server

    Unfortunately, I do not manage to understand why exim4 was not chosen:

    charles@moulinette:~$ aptitude why-not exim4
    Unable to find a reason to remove exim4.

    It was trivial to swich back to exim4, so in the end it is not a
    problem for me, but the situation looks a bit wrong. I therefore report
    it on this list, just in case uncovers an issue that we would like to
    fix before releasing.

    Have a nice day,

    --
    Charles Plessy
    Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan

  2. Re: cron pulling citadel-server instead of exim4.

    Charles Plessy (20/10/2008):
    > Unfortunately, I do not manage to understand why exim4 was not chosen:

    #474999.

    Mraw,
    KiBi.

+ Reply to Thread