nano doesn't work in shell launched from D-I menu - Debian

This is a discussion on nano doesn't work in shell launched from D-I menu - Debian ; I wanted to make some small tweaks to the setup before rebooting at the end of the install so I could run the system using qemu in nographic mode after installing it using the graphical mode. So I backed out ...

  1. nano doesn't work in shell launched from D-I menu

    I wanted to make some small tweaks to the setup before rebooting at the
    end of the install so I could run the system using qemu in nographic
    mode after installing it using the graphical mode.

    So I backed out to the menu and selected the option to launch a shell,
    chrooted into the target and tried to use nano. I was surprised to find
    this failed with the error message "Error opening terminal: bterm".

    Is this a known issue? or should I file a bug report (and if the latter
    against what?)

  2. Re: nano doesn't work in shell launched from D-I menu

    On Wednesday 15 October 2008, peter green wrote:
    > Is this a known issue? or should I file a bug report (and if the latter
    > against what?)

    It is a known issue which also affects rescue mode. See e.g. #412168.

    Cheers.
    FJP

+ Reply to Thread