cairo, directfb and cdebconf - Debian

This is a discussion on cairo, directfb and cdebconf - Debian ; If I understand Jérémy's comments correctly, cdebconf will need to be modified and will need a versioned build dep on the new cairo/directfb packages when those have been uploaded. Reason: without those modifications cdebconf-gtk-udeb can no longer be rebuilt correctly ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: cairo, directfb and cdebconf

  1. cairo, directfb and cdebconf

    If I understand Jérémy's comments correctly, cdebconf will need to be
    modified and will need a versioned build dep on the new cairo/directfb
    packages when those have been uploaded.

    Reason: without those modifications cdebconf-gtk-udeb can no longer be
    rebuilt correctly against the new cairo/directfb libs.

    Can we please get an RC1 release out and not keep pushing it back for
    every upload of a random package on which D-I depends? The way things are
    going now we'll very likely to need an RC2 for some reason anyway and
    meanwhile we are getting absolutely NO proper D-I testing.

    Cheers,
    FJP

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)

    iEYEABECAAYFAkjzi90ACgkQgm/Kwh6ICoQnDACgqoTkkpFVryvuB00UWa/Ys5Os
    KugAniwZX+dZHJnmr0MQwNwjxvse/Aa0
    =1YKW
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


  2. Re: cairo, directfb and cdebconf

    Frans Pop wrote:
    > If I understand Jérémy's comments correctly, cdebconf will need to be
    > modified and will need a versioned build dep on the new cairo/directfb
    > packages when those have been uploaded.
    >
    > Reason: without those modifications cdebconf-gtk-udeb can no longer be
    > rebuilt correctly against the new cairo/directfb libs.
    >
    > Can we please get an RC1 release out and not keep pushing it back for
    > every upload of a random package on which D-I depends? The way things are
    > going now we'll very likely to need an RC2 for some reason anyway and
    > meanwhile we are getting absolutely NO proper D-I testing.


    I tend to disagree. cairo is uploaded, directfb and cdebconf are
    (co-)maintained by members of the d-i team and these are the last we are
    waiting on for d-i RC1 AFAICS?

    Why would we need an RC2 anyway? Unless there are very good reasons to
    do an RC2, we should be releasing about a month after RC1 IMHO.

    Cheers

    Luk


    --
    To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-boot-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
    with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

  3. Re: cairo, directfb and cdebconf

    Luk Claes writes:

    > Frans Pop wrote:
    >> If I understand Jérémy's comments correctly, cdebconf will need to be
    >> modified and will need a versioned build dep on the new cairo/directfb
    >> packages when those have been uploaded.
    >>
    >> Reason: without those modifications cdebconf-gtk-udeb can no longer be
    >> rebuilt correctly against the new cairo/directfb libs.
    >>
    >> Can we please get an RC1 release out and not keep pushing it back for
    >> every upload of a random package on which D-I depends? The way things are
    >> going now we'll very likely to need an RC2 for some reason anyway and
    >> meanwhile we are getting absolutely NO proper D-I testing.

    >
    > I tend to disagree. cairo is uploaded, directfb and cdebconf are
    > (co-)maintained by members of the d-i team and these are the last we are
    > waiting on for d-i RC1 AFAICS?
    >
    > Why would we need an RC2 anyway? Unless there are very good reasons to
    > do an RC2, we should be releasing about a month after RC1 IMHO.


    Yes, I agree on that too. We should try to avoid an RC2 and then wait
    a cuple of days more won't hurt.

    --
    O T A V I O S A L V A D O R
    ---------------------------------------------
    E-mail: otavio@debian.org UIN: 5906116
    GNU/Linux User: 239058 GPG ID: 49A5F855
    Home Page: http://otavio.ossystems.com.br
    ---------------------------------------------
    "Microsoft sells you Windows ... Linux gives
    you the whole house."


    --
    To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-boot-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
    with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

  4. Re: cairo, directfb and cdebconf

    On Monday 13 October 2008, Luk Claes wrote:
    > we should be releasing about a month after RC1 IMHO.


    Hmmm. I have not seen any call for translations of the release notes yet,
    at least not on the d-i18n list where translators tend to hang out.
    AFAICT the Lenny release notes aren't even being built yet for the
    website.

    How does that fit in your planning?

    On Monday 13 October 2008, Otavio Salvador wrote:
    > Yes, I agree on that too. We should try to avoid an RC2 and then wait
    > a cuple of days more won't hurt.


    Fine. But expect the delay to be at least a week, not "a couple of days".
    Also, I had not yet seen that you were even aware that cdebconf would need
    to be updated.

    I'm also willing to bet that there will be new reasons for an RC2 coming
    up over the next few weeks, but I guess we'll have to see.

    Also, can you please get someone to finally upload the powerpc specific
    udebs so that for example the final and correct translation stats can be
    calculated?

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)

    iEYEABECAAYFAkjznmYACgkQgm/Kwh6ICoQEfgCfVHExe0uRfZLKOCeIqf8bXv25
    LKEAoLwMWa6Wee87z/wRT6qilZUqc13+
    =GzDE
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


  5. Re: cairo, directfb and cdebconf

    * Frans Pop [2008-10-13 21:15]:
    > Fine. But expect the delay to be at least a week, not "a couple of days".


    I should say that I strongly agree with Frans. There will definitely
    be some reason for a RC2.

    And in the meantime, we've delayed RC1 by "a couple of days" since
    several weeks now.
    --
    Martin Michlmayr
    http://www.cyrius.com/


    --
    To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-boot-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
    with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

  6. Re: cairo, directfb and cdebconf

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: SHA1

    Martin Michlmayr writes:

    > * Frans Pop [2008-10-13 21:15]:
    >> Fine. But expect the delay to be at least a week, not "a couple of days".

    >
    > I should say that I strongly agree with Frans. There will definitely
    > be some reason for a RC2.
    >
    > And in the meantime, we've delayed RC1 by "a couple of days" since
    > several weeks now.


    We're now waiting for mipsel kernel to be made available and upload
    the kernel udeb packages.

    Cairo packages are ready in most architectures as shown at
    http://buildd.debian.org/~jeroen/sta...ge.php?p=cairo and Jeremy
    is going to upload cdebconf. This would allow us to get it all right
    in two or three days.

    If Jeremy can't do the upload of cdebconf, I can do it. Jeremy?

    - --
    O T A V I O S A L V A D O R
    - ---------------------------------------------
    E-mail: otavio@debian.org UIN: 5906116
    GNU/Linux User: 239058 GPG ID: 49A5F855
    Home Page: http://otavio.ossystems.com.br
    - ---------------------------------------------
    "Microsoft sells you Windows ... Linux gives
    you the whole house."
    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
    Comment: Processed by Mailcrypt 3.5.8+

    iEYEARECAAYFAkjzw5wACgkQLqiZQEml+FUtzwCdH12n9oTEIH 8AGnTmwppDxswm
    goQAnRE9+6x63zXw7AhebxVQS2SPeOvA
    =YwtE
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


    --
    To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-boot-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
    with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

  7. Re: cairo, directfb and cdebconf

    On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 06:54:37PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
    > Jeremy is going to upload cdebconf.


    Done.

    Cheers,
    --
    Jérémy Bobbio .''`.
    lunar@debian.org : :â’¶ : # apt-get install anarchism
    `. `'`
    `-

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)

    iEYEARECAAYFAkjz44sACgkQ2PUjs9fQ72U61ACeO5z+znTlkO hc72e7qFQALjcG
    JGYAn2d7wCfqZ3fIFxoc1lTYTykzQU9n
    =ZfLz
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


+ Reply to Thread