I try to autoinstall lenny (using beta2) but about 30% of the time the USB
device that i boot the installer from gets detected before the SATA disk
that I want to install to.

As a result the USB device becomes /dev/sda and the installation target
becomes /dev/sdb.
Needless to say that this breaks all kinds of things including grub
installation. (Overwriting my installer-usb-stick. :-( )

Is there any way to avoid this? e.g. a kernel option that would delay the

cheers
-henrik
PS: Please cc me as I am not on debian-boot.