preseeding partitioning with lvm (lenny beta2) - Debian

This is a discussion on preseeding partitioning with lvm (lenny beta2) - Debian ; Hi, I've got a problem preseeding the partitioning for a debian installation. I've got 2 existing partitions that i want to keep and about 130gb free space that i want to partition using partman-auto/expert_recipe to have - one primary "/boot" ...

  1. preseeding partitioning with lvm (lenny beta2)

    Hi,

    I've got a problem preseeding the partitioning for a debian installation.

    I've got 2 existing partitions that i want to keep and about 130gb
    free space that i want to partition using partman-auto/expert_recipe to have
    - one primary "/boot" partition and
    - the rest in a logical partition. the logical partition should be used as pv
    for a LVM volume group. inside that vg i want logical volumes for
    - "/" root (10gb)
    - swap (4096mb)
    - "/home" (30gb)
    - freespace (to be used later)

    since the partman-auto doesn't like to leave space unused i added
    a logical volume at the end to use up the free space.

    I am using this recipie:

    d-i partman-auto/expert_recipe string \
    boot-lvm-root-home-spare :: \
    512 512 512 ext3 \
    $primary{ } $bootable{ } \
    method{ format } format{ } \
    use_filesystem{ } filesystem{ ext3 } \
    mountpoint{ /boot } \
    . \
    100 1000000 1000000000 ext3 \
    $primary{ } \
    method{ lvm } \
    use_filesystem{ } \
    format{ } \
    vg_name{ vg00 } \
    . \
    4096 4096 4096 linux-swap \
    lvm_ok{ } \
    in_vg{ vg00 } \
    lv_name{ swap } \
    method{ swap } format{ } \
    . \
    10000 10000 10000 ext3 \
    lvm_ok{ } \
    in_vg{ vg00 } \
    lv_name{ root } \
    method{ format } format{ } \
    label{ root } \
    use_filesystem{ } filesystem{ ext3 } \
    mountpoint{ / } \
    . \
    30000 30000 30000 ext3 \
    lvm_ok{ } \
    in_vg{ vg00 } \
    lv_name{ home } \
    method{ format } format{ } \
    label{ home } \
    use_filesystem{ } filesystem{ ext3 } \
    mountpoint{ /home } \
    . \
    100 10000 10000000 ext3 \
    lvm_ok{ } \
    in_vg{ vg00 } \
    lv_name{ removeme } \
    method{ keep } \

  2. Re: preseeding partitioning with lvm (lenny beta2)

    On Monday 13 October 2008, H. Langos wrote:
    > vg_name{ vg00 } \
    > in_vg{ vg00 } \
    > lv_name{ swap } \

    These options are not supported with Beta2 images, only with daily built
    images (and with RC1 when it is released).

    Cheers,
    FJP

  3. Re: preseeding partitioning with lvm (lenny beta2)

    Frans Pop wrote:
    > On Monday 13 October 2008, H. Langos wrote:
    > > vg_name{ vg00 } \
    > > in_vg{ vg00 } \
    > > lv_name{ swap } \

    > These options are not supported with Beta2 images, only with daily built
    > images (and with RC1 when it is released).

    Just tried with daily build from 2008-10-13. Same result: An lvm
    partition is created but not used.

    I have a complete preseed.cfg to play with if anybody is interesed.
    It will (hopefully) stop before changing any of your partitions.

    Anybody feeling brave today? :-)

    Cheers
    -henrik

    PS: Please CC me as I am not on debian-boot.

  4. Re: preseeding partitioning with lvm (lenny beta2)

    On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 10:19:23AM +0200, H. Langos wrote:
    > 4096 4096 4096 linux-swap \
    > lvm_ok{ } \

    That should be "$lvmok{ }". Same goes for other partitions.

    Cheers,
    --
    Jérémy Bobbio .''`.
    lunar@debian.org : :Ⓐ : # apt-get install anarchism

  5. Re: preseeding partitioning with lvm (lenny beta2)

    On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 01:13:13PM +0200, Jrmy Bobbio wrote:
    > On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 10:19:23AM +0200, H. Langos wrote:
    > > 4096 4096 4096 linux-swap \
    > > lvm_ok{ } \

    > That should be "$lvmok{ }". Same goes for other partitions.

    You are right about that. Unfortunately it doesn't change a thing.

    I still get lots of separate logical partitions instead of logical
    volumes.

    Here's the (corrected) recipe that i use:

+ Reply to Thread