access to people.debian.org - Debian

This is a discussion on access to people.debian.org - Debian ; Hi everyone, how do I get back access to people.debian.org? My laptop with the ssh key that I have on ravel has crashed and I want to put another one on ravel, but I cannot log in. Doing ssh preining@people.debian.org ...

  1. access to people.debian.org

    Hi everyone,

    how do I get back access to people.debian.org? My laptop with the ssh
    key that I have on ravel has crashed and I want to put another one on
    ravel, but I cannot log in. Doing
    ssh preining@people.debian.org
    I only get
    Permission denied (publickey).

    Thanks.

    Best wishes

    Norbert

    Dr. Norbert Preining Vienna University of Technology
    Debian Developer Debian TeX Group

  2. Re: access to people.debian.org

    * Norbert Preining [Sun, 12 Oct 2008 22:37:32 +0200]:

    > Hi everyone,

    > how do I get back access to people.debian.org? My laptop with the ssh
    > key that I have on ravel has crashed and I want to put another one on
    > ravel, but I cannot log in. Doing
    > ssh preining@people.debian.org
    > I only get
    > Permission denied (publickey).

    Instructions on how to set up a new key are in:

    http://db.debian.org/doc-mail.html

    HTH,

    Adeodato Simó dato at net.com.org.es
    Debian Developer adeodato at debian.org

    Testing can show the presence of bugs, but not their absence.
    -- Dijkstra

  3. Re: access to people.debian.org

    On So, 12 Okt 2008, Adeodato Simó wrote:
    > http://db.debian.org/doc-mail.html

    Thanks. Was it always like that that changes could only be made vie
    email? I don't remember doing that, but then it was quite some time ago.

    Best wishes

    Norbert

    Dr. Norbert Preining Vienna University of Technology
    Debian Developer Debian TeX Group
    FORD Tell me Arthur...
    ARTHUR Yes?
    FORD This boulder we're stuck under, how big would you say it was? Roughly?
    ARTHUR Oh, about the size of Coventry Cathedral.
    FORD Do you think we could move it? (Arthur doesn't reply) Just asking.
    --- Ford and Arthur in a tricky situation, Fit the Eighth.

  4. Re: access to people.debian.org

    On Mo, 13 Okt 2008, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
    > >> http://db.debian.org/doc-mail.html

    > > Thanks. Was it always like that that changes could only be made vie
    > > email? I don't remember doing that, but then it was quite some time ago..

    > This way exists for *years* now. Its just that recently the other,
    > common way of using ssh keys (.ssh/authorized_keys) got disabled on
    > people.d.o.

    That was my question. I meant that I couldn't remember setting my ssh
    key via the mail gateway in former times, so there must have been a
    different method. (quoting myself: "Was it ... could ONLY (!!!) be ...")

    Best wishes

    Norbert

    Dr. Norbert Preining Vienna University of Technology
    Debian Developer Debian TeX Group
    what does teleport mean?'
    Another moment passed.
    Slowly, the others turned to face him.
    It's just
    I remember you use the word a short while ago and I only
    bring it up because...'
    does it say teleport?'
    `Well, just over here in fact,' said Arthur, pointing at a
    dark control box in the rear of the cabin, `Just under the
    word "emergency", above the word "system" and beside the
    sign saying "out of order".'
    --- Arthur finding an escape route from a certain death
    --- situation.

  5. Re: access to people.debian.org

    On 11536 March 1977, Norbert Preining wrote:
    > On So, 12 Okt 2008, Adeodato Simó wrote:
    >> http://db.debian.org/doc-mail.html

    > Thanks. Was it always like that that changes could only be made vie
    > email? I don't remember doing that, but then it was quite some time ago.

    This way exists for *years* now. Its just that recently the other,
    common way of using ssh keys (.ssh/authorized_keys) got disabled on
    people.d.o.

    --
    bye, Joerg