watch file problem - Debian

  2. Re: watch file problem

    On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 07:53:22PM +0000, Laurent Guignard wrote:
    > Hi mentors,
    >
    > I wrote a watch file like this :
    >
    > version=3
    > opts=filenamemangle=s/dhcp_probe/dhcp-probe/ \
    > http://www.net.princeton.edu/softwar...be-(.*).tar.gz
    >
    > The URL to download the source file is :
    > http://www.net.princeton.edu/softwar...e-1.2.1.tar.gz
    >
    > When i do the uscan command i have his message :
    > "dhcp-probe: remote site does not even have current version"

    What is your current changelog entry ? (its first line will be just
    fine).
    --
    路O路 Pierre Habouzit
    路路O madcoder@debian.org

  3. Re: watch file problem

    On Sun, 2008-10-12 at 21:53 +0200, Laurent Guignard wrote:

  4. Re: watch file problem

  5. Re: watch file problem

    On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 08:01:36AM +0000, Laurent Guignard wrote:
    > Pierre Habouzit a 茅crit :
    > > On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 07:53:22PM +0000, Laurent Guignard wrote:
    > >> Hi mentors,
    > >>
    > >> I wrote a watch file like this :
    > >>
    > >> version=3
    > >> opts=filenamemangle=s/dhcp_probe/dhcp-probe/ \
    > >> http://www.net.princeton.edu/softwar...be-(.*).tar.gz
    > >>
    > >> The URL to download the source file is :
    > >> http://www.net.princeton.edu/softwar...e-1.2.1.tar.gz
    > >>
    > >> When i do the uscan command i have his message :
    > >> "dhcp-probe: remote site does not even have current version"

    > > What is your current changelog entry ? (its first line will be just
    > > fine).

    > My changelog first line :
    > dhcp-probe (1.2.2a-1) unstable; urgency=low

    And you ask why it doesn't work ? You're kidding us right ?

    Only 1.2.1 is on http://www.net.princeton.edu/software/dhcp_probe/.

    $ uscan --report-status --force-download --watchfile watch --package dhcp-probe --upstream-version 1.2.2a
    Processing watchfile line for package dhcp-probe...
    Newest version on remote site is 1.2.1, local version is 1.2.2a
    dhcp-probe: remote site does not even have current version

    --
    路O路 Pierre Habouzit
    路路O madcoder@debian.org
    OOO http://www.madism.org

  6. Re: watch file problem

    Pierre Habouzit a 閏rit :
    > On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 08:01:36AM +0000, Laurent Guignard wrote:
    >> Pierre Habouzit a 閏rit :

    >>> What is your current changelog entry ? (its first line will be just
    >>> fine).

    >> My changelog first line :
    >> dhcp-probe (1.2.2a-1) unstable; urgency=low

    > And you ask why it doesn't work ? You're kidding us right ?
    >
    > Only 1.2.1 is on http://www.net.princeton.edu/software/dhcp_probe/.
    >
    > $ uscan --report-status --force-download --watchfile watch --package dhcp-probe --upstream-version 1.2.2a
    > Processing watchfile line for package dhcp-probe...
    > Newest version on remote site is 1.2.1, local version is 1.2.2a
    > dhcp-probe: remote site does not even have current version

    Sorry, but i thought that uscan was done to scan according to the watch
    file...

    Irwin Tillman (upstream coder) sent me this url :
    http://www.net.princeton.edu/softwar...-1.2.2a.tar.gz

    that is active an i don't understand why uscan can't discover
    dhcp_probe-1.2.2a.tar.gz file !

    That why i sent my watch file.

    - --
    Laurent Guignard, Registered as user #301590 with the Linux Counter
    Site : http://www.famille-guignard.org
    Blog : http://blog.famille-guignard.org
    Projet : http://sicontact.sourceforge.net
    GULL de Villefranche sur Sa鬾e : http://www.cagull.org

  7. Re: watch file problem

    On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 12:57:06PM +0200, Laurent Guignard wrote:
    > Sorry, but i thought that uscan was done to scan according to the watch
    > file...
    >
    > Irwin Tillman (upstream coder) sent me this url :
    > http://www.net.princeton.edu/softwar...-1.2.2a.tar.gz
    >
    > that is active an i don't understand why uscan can't discover
    > dhcp_probe-1.2.2a.tar.gz file !

    How is it supposed to find it if it's not linked from the
    http://www.net.princeton.edu/software/dhcp_probe/ page?