Flash with konqueror 4.1.2 - Debian

This is a discussion on Flash with konqueror 4.1.2 - Debian ; Hello. Since I upgraded to KDE4 from experimental, I can not see flash content in any website. I was using the flashplayer-mozilla package from www.debian-multimedia.org with KDE3. With konqueror 4.1.2, it crashes, so I replaced it with the mozilla-plugin-gnash package. ...

  1. Flash with konqueror 4.1.2

    Hello.

    Since I upgraded to KDE4 from experimental, I can not see flash content in any website. I was using the flashplayer-mozilla package from www.debian-multimedia.org with KDE3. With konqueror 4.1.2, it crashes, so I replaced it with the mozilla-plugin-gnash package. It works quite well with iceweasel, but Konqueror seems to ignore the plugin.

    I also tried to install konqueror-plugin-gnash with no results. I think it is for KDE3.

    Is anyone able to see youtube videos with Konqueror 4? If so, which packages are you using?

    Thank you.

  2. Re: Flash with konqueror 4.1.2

    flashplugin-nonfree
    or
    swfdec-mozilla

    On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 3:35 PM, José Couto wrote:
    > Hello.
    >
    > Since I upgraded to KDE4 from experimental, I can not see flash content in any website. I was using the flashplayer-mozilla package from www.debian-multimedia.org with KDE3. With konqueror 4.1.2, it crashes, so I replaced it with the mozilla-plugin-gnash package. It works quite well with iceweasel, but Konqueror seems to ignore the plugin.
    >
    > I also tried to install konqueror-plugin-gnash with no results. I think it is for KDE3.
    >
    > Is anyone able to see youtube videos with Konqueror 4? If so, which packages are you using?
    >
    > Thank you.
    >

    > --

  3. Re: Flash with konqueror 4.1.2

    El Domingo, 12 de Octubre de 2008, CK Raju escribió:
    > ¬*flashplugin-nonfree
    > or
    > swfdec-mozilla

    I only use the nonfree version, but isn't gnash a better alternative than
    swfdec? Or I'm missing something?

    --
    Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2