Re: anyone running a PS3 - Debian

This is a discussion on Re: anyone running a PS3 - Debian ; (cc'ing debian-kernel now too, for some feedback) d-k folks: the issue is that the ps3 fails to boot with the latest lenny 2.6.26 kernels, due to what appears to be a kernel bug which has been fixed upstream). my original ...

  1. Re: anyone running a PS3

    (cc'ing debian-kernel now too, for some feedback)

    d-k folks: the issue is that the ps3 fails to boot with the latest lenny
    2.6.26 kernels, due to what appears to be a kernel bug which has been
    fixed upstream).

    my original post:

    http://lists.debian.org/debian-power.../msg00029.html

    so where was i... yes, it seems that it's in fact a kernel bug.

    i updated to the latest kboot, which also had the same problem booting the
    kernel. then googling for "ps3 2.6.26" leads to the following:

    http://www.yellowdog-board.com/viewt...st=0&sk=t&sd=a

    (scroll down a bit searching for 2.6.26)

    which points to:

    http://www.gossamer-threads.com/list.../kernel/972382

    which mentions an obscure intterupt handling bug causing the problem, and
    which points to:

    http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kerne...a49414047c13dc

    which was accepted into the -stable queue for 2.6, which was then released
    as part of 2.6.26.6:

    http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kerne...d3b0ae4c88989d

    so thanks for the pointer.

    d-k folks: is there any feasibility for getting this fix into lenny, or am I
    just SoL?

    sean

  2. Re: anyone running a PS3

    On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 11:10:44AM +0200, sean finney wrote:

    > which was accepted into the -stable queue for 2.6, which was then released
    > as part of 2.6.26.6:
    >
    > http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kerne...d3b0ae4c88989d
    >
    > so thanks for the pointer.
    >
    > d-k folks: is there any feasibility for getting this fix into lenny, or am I
    > just SoL?

    yes 2.6.26.6 will be in the next upload use sid branch snapshots for now
    -> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianKernel

  3. Re: anyone running a PS3

    On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 01:35:33PM +0200, maximilian attems wrote:
    > yes 2.6.26.6 will be in the next upload use sid branch snapshots for now
    > -> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianKernel

    ooh, i didn't know about this service! i'll use that for the
    time being, thanks!

    sean
    --

+ Reply to Thread