INTERNET USING GPRS MOBILE (AIRTEL) - Debian

This is a discussion on INTERNET USING GPRS MOBILE (AIRTEL) - Debian ; Hi All, I want to connect internet using gprs mobile in debian. Is there anybody who has done successfully. Please let me know. -- Krishna Chandra Prajapati MySQL DBA, Ed Ventures e-Learning Pvt.Ltd. 1-8-303/48/15, Sindhi Colony P.G.Road, Secunderabad. Pin Code: ...

  1. INTERNET USING GPRS MOBILE (AIRTEL)

    --
    Krishna Chandra Prajapati
    MySQL DBA,
    Ed Ventures e-Learning Pvt.Ltd.
    1-8-303/48/15, Sindhi Colony
    P.G.Road, Secunderabad.
    Pin Code: 500003
    Office Number: 040-66489771
    Mob: 9912924044
    Email-id: prajapatikc@gmail.com

  2. Re: INTERNET USING GPRS MOBILE (AIRTEL)

    use , wvdial ..... i think it should not be a problem ... or use kppp
    ,....... if in windows u have no username and password then while
    using kppp or wvdial specify the username as A and password as B .

    Hope it helps ,

    Thanks
    Satish

    On 10/11/08, Krishna Chandra Prajapati wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I want to connect internet using gprs mobile in debian. Is there anybody who
    > has done successfully.
    > Please let me know.
    >
    > --
    > Krishna Chandra Prajapati
    > MySQL DBA,
    > Ed Ventures e-Learning Pvt.Ltd.
    > 1-8-303/48/15, Sindhi Colony
    > P.G.Road, Secunderabad.
    > Pin Code: 500003
    > Office Number: 040-66489771
    > Mob: 9912924044
    > Email-id: prajapatikc@gmail.com

    --
    http://satish.playdrupal.com

  3. Re: INTERNET USING GPRS MOBILE (AIRTEL)

    > On 10/11/08, Krishna Chandra Prajapati wrote:
    > > Hi All,
    > >
    > > I want to connect internet using gprs mobile in debian. Is there anybody
    > > who has done successfully.
    > > Please let me know.

    I use a bluetooth dial-up connection to a 3G internet provided by orange with
    kde since march 2007.
    What system do you use?

    --
    The free information technologies are possible!
    I use sidux, that is Debian Sid GNU KDE on my laptop!

    "Are you a Debian user that want super cow powers?
    apt-get moo
    Enough said" - Paul Hudson

  4. Re: INTERNET USING GPRS MOBILE (AIRTEL)

    2008/10/11 Krishna Chandra Prajapati :
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I want to connect internet using gprs mobile in debian. Is there anybody who
    > has done successfully.
    > Please let me know.

    Personally, I have a 3g/gprs modem, but
    the following may be helpful to you:

    http://wiki.clug.org.za/wiki/GPRS_In...over_Bluetooth

    http://wiki.clug.org.za/wiki/GPRS#Cell_Phone

    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BluetoothDialup

    http://www.taniwha.org.uk/gprs.html

    -AA.

    > --
    > Krishna Chandra Prajapati
    > MySQL DBA,
    > Ed Ventures e-Learning Pvt.Ltd.
    > 1-8-303/48/15, Sindhi Colony
    > P.G.Road, Secunderabad.
    > Pin Code: 500003
    > Office Number: 040-66489771
    > Mob: 9912924044
    > Email-id: prajapatikc@gmail.com

    --
    Ambrose Andrews
    LPO box 8274 ANU Acton ACT 0200 Australia

  5. Re: INTERNET USING GPRS MOBILE (AIRTEL)

    http://www.mepis.org/docs/en/index.p...lup_connection

    This is my experience tested on Mepis (ubuntu based) and Kubuntu.
    The same on Mepis (etch based) and Sidux (sid based)
    --
    The free information technologies are possible!
    I use sidux, that is Debian Sid GNU KDE on my laptop!
    Stuff for free(dom) software newbies on works.

    "Are you a Debian user that want super cow powers?
    apt-get moo
    Enough said" - Paul Hudson

  6. Re: INTERNET USING GPRS MOBILE (AIRTEL)

    Hi .

    I will gave a try and let you know whether its working. Thanks a lot

    On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 12:00 AM, speedyx wrote:

    > http://www.mepis.org/docs/en/index.p...lup_connection
    >
    > This is my experience tested on Mepis (ubuntu based) and Kubuntu.
    > The same on Mepis (etch based) and Sidux (sid based)
    > --
    > The free information technologies are possible!
    > I use sidux, that is Debian Sid GNU KDE on my laptop!
    > Stuff for free(dom) software newbies on works.
    >
    > "Are you a Debian user that want super cow powers?
    > apt-get moo
    > Enough said" - Paul Hudson
    >

    > --

    Krishna Chandra Prajapati
    MySQL DBA,
    Ed Ventures e-Learning Pvt.Ltd.
    1-8-303/48/15, Sindhi Colony
    P.G.Road, Secunderabad.
    Pin Code: 500003
    Office Number: 040-66489771
    Mob: 9912924044
    Email-id: prajapatikc@gmail.com

  7. Re: INTERNET USING GPRS MOBILE (AIRTEL)

    Usually, when you install Debian, the bluetooth device has already detected..
    Assumption your bluetooth device already detected, and you can try this :
    1. turn on the bluetooth device both your laptop / computer and the
    handheld device (etc. Handphone).
    2. Pair first before you can connect to the handheld device, usually
    when the bluetooth device activated, the icon will be show up, click
    in the icon then follow the instruction for pairing.
    3. After the Device has been paired, go to terminal and type the command :
    - hcitool scan
    ( it will search for the name and MAC device )
    - sdptool search DUN
    (it will search wether the device has Dial Up Network Protocol )
    - sudo rfcomm bind 0 < rf channel >
    when the sdptool done, it will inform you with the configuration
    of the device and the channel of the Dial Up networking. before you
    execute the command rfcomm bind, first you must add the the MAC
    handheld device in the configuration.
    - sudo gedit /dev/rfcomm.conf ( it's depend on your system, but
    it's success with me) follow the instruction, add the empty with the
    MAC of the handheld and channel that it use.
    - sudo gedit /etc/wvdial.conf
    ( fill the address in wvdial conf ( it a dial-up program i use
    ), with the configuration of your network operator for dial-up
    networking ( you can ask to the operator of your phone).
    - and last, you can type wvdial