Re: The kernel-img.conf man page - Debian

This is a discussion on Re: The kernel-img.conf man page - Debian ; This one time, at band camp, Manoj Srivastava said: > I can go either route. Comments? I'd say a -common package makes the most sense to me. The other way seems like you could conceivably end up with several roughly ...

  1. Re: The kernel-img.conf man page

    This one time, at band camp, Manoj Srivastava said:
    > I can go either route. Comments?

    I'd say a -common package makes the most sense to me. The other way
    seems like you could conceivably end up with several roughly identical
    manpages installed, which seems like a waste.
    | ,''`. Stephen Gran |
    | : :' : sgran@debian.org |
    | `. `' Debian user, admin, and developer |
    | `- http://www.debian.org |

  2. Re: The kernel-img.conf man page

    On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 10:20:40PM +0100, Stephen Gran wrote:
    > This one time, at band camp, Manoj Srivastava said:
    > > I can go either route. Comments?

    > I'd say a -common package makes the most sense to me. The other way
    > seems like you could conceivably end up with several roughly identical
    > manpages installed, which seems like a waste.

    It would be not that usefull as the kernel team wants to split the
    complete image maintainer scripts into its own package anyway. And
    having one package which just a manpage is not nice for the archive.

    Bastian

    --
    Dismissed. That's a Star Fleet expression for, "Get out."
    -- Capt. Kathryn Janeway, Star Trek: Voyager, "The Cloud"