Second hints set, now properly splited, for Debian Installer RC1 - Debian

  1. Second hints set, now properly splited, for Debian Installer RC1

    Hello RT,

    I've reviewed all packages we track and droped the ones I belive
    aren't suitable for Lenny release since had many changes on it since
    last migrated version. Obviously if you or anyone disagree with that
    we can discuss it.

    Here goes the first set of unblocks for RC1:

    unblock kernel-wedge # has no udebs
    unblock cdebconf
    unblock console-data
    unblock console-setup
    unblock devmapper
    unblock dhcp3
    unblock dmraid
    unblock e2fsprogs
    unblock eject
    unblock flash-kernel
    unblock glantank # this has dropped glantank-installer, check end of mail
    unblock installation-report
    unblock multipath-tools
    unblock openssh
    unblock os-prober
    unblock parted # 1.7 udebs can be finally droped now
    unblock pciutils
    unblock sysfsutils
    unblock user-setup
    unblock hdparm
    unblock libdebian-installer

    Those are udeb-only and need to be synced by hand:

    aboot-installer
    anna
    apt-setup
    arcboot-installer
    base-installer
    bterm-unifont
    cdebconf-entropy
    cdebconf-terminal
    cdrom-checker
    cdrom-detect
    cdrom-retriever
    choose-mirror
    clock-setup
    colo-installer
    debian-installer-utils
    elilo-installer
    etch-support
    finish-install
    grub-installer
    hw-detect
    installation-locale
    iso-scan
    kbd-chooser
    kickseed
    lilo-installer
    linux-kernel-di-alpha-2.6
    linux-kernel-di-amd64-2.6
    linux-kernel-di-arm-2.6
    linux-kernel-di-armel-2.6
    linux-kernel-di-hppa-2.6
    linux-kernel-di-i386-2.6
    linux-kernel-di-ia64-2.6
    linux-kernel-di-mips-2.6
    linux-kernel-di-mipsel-2.6
    linux-kernel-di-powerpc-2.6
    linux-kernel-di-s390-2.6
    linux-kernel-di-sparc-2.6
    linux-modules-di-alpha-2.6
    linux-modules-di-amd64-2.6
    linux-modules-di-arm-2.6
    linux-modules-di-armel-2.6
    linux-modules-di-hppa-2.6
    linux-modules-di-i386-2.6
    linux-modules-di-ia64-2.6
    linux-modules-di-mips-2.6
    linux-modules-di-mipsel-2.6
    linux-modules-di-powerpc-2.6
    linux-modules-di-s390-2.6
    linux-modules-di-sparc-2.6
    live-installer
    localechooser
    lowmem
    lvmcfg
    main-menu
    mdcfg
    media-retriever
    mountmedia
    net-retriever
    netcfg
    network-console
    nobootloader
    oldsys-preseed
    palo-installer
    partconf
    partitioner
    partman-auto
    partman-auto-crypto
    partman-auto-lvm
    partman-auto-raid
    partman-base
    partman-basicfilesystems
    partman-basicmethods
    partman-crypto
    partman-dmraid
    partman-efi
    partman-ext2r0
    partman-ext3
    partman-jfs
    partman-lvm
    partman-md
    partman-multipath
    partman-palo
    partman-partitioning
    partman-reiserfs
    partman-target
    partman-xfs
    pkgsel
    preseed
    rescue
    rootskel
    rootskel-gtk
    s390-dasd
    s390-netdevice
    sibyl-installer
    silo-installer
    ttf-cjk-compact
    tzsetup
    udpkg
    yaboot-installer
    zipl-installer

    Please also remove glantank-installer udeb from testing since its
    functionality has been merged in another component.

    - --
    O T A V I O S A L V A D O R
    E-mail: otavio@debian.org UIN: 5906116
    GNU/Linux User: 239058 GPG ID: 49A5F855
    you the whole house."

  2. Re: Second hints set, now properly splited, for Debian Installer RC1

    Otavio Salvador wrote:
    > Hello RT,
    >
    > I've reviewed all packages we track and droped the ones I belive
    > aren't suitable for Lenny release since had many changes on it since
    > last migrated version. Obviously if you or anyone disagree with that
    > we can discuss it.

    I guess I can find them in an overview page?

    > Here goes the first set of unblocks for RC1:
    >
    > unblock kernel-wedge # has no udebs
    > unblock cdebconf
    > unblock console-data
    > unblock console-setup
    > unblock devmapper
    > unblock dhcp3

    all above unblocked

    > unblock dmraid

    same version in unstable as in testing

    > unblock e2fsprogs
    > unblock eject
    > unblock flash-kernel
    > unblock glantank # this has dropped glantank-installer, check end of mail
    > unblock installation-report
    > unblock multipath-tools
    > unblock openssh
    > unblock os-prober
    > unblock parted # 1.7 udebs can be finally droped now
    > unblock pciutils
    > unblock sysfsutils
    > unblock user-setup
    > unblock hdparm
    > unblock libdebian-installer

    all unblocked

    > Those are udeb-only and need to be synced by hand:

    all synced

    > Please also remove glantank-installer udeb from testing since its
    > functionality has been merged in another component.

    removed

    Cheers

    Luk

  3. Re: Second hints set, now properly splited, for Debian Installer RC1