debin installation problem - Debian

This is a discussion on debin installation problem - Debian ; Hello. I try to install debian to my notebook Amilo L After boot(kernel load) from CD, cooler stop work and laptop turnoff power, because CPU get big temperature. As result I can not install debian - installation take little more ...

  1. debin installation problem

    Hello.

    I try to install debian to my notebook Amilo L
    After boot(kernel load) from CD, cooler stop work and laptop turnoff power,
    because CPU get big temperature. As result I can not install debian -
    installation take little more time than CPU needed to get big temperature.

    Before time I tried to install Ubuntu and have same problem.

    How I can keep running my cooler?
    Please advice.

    Regards,
    Alexandr.
    --
    ----------
    KAlexandr.com - Quality Software for Your Web

  2. Re: debin installation problem

    On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 6:40 AM, Alexandr Kosarev wrote:

    > Hello.
    >
    > I try to install debian to my notebook Amilo L
    > After boot(kernel load) from CD, cooler stop work and laptop turnoff power,
    > because CPU get big temperature. As result I can not install debian -
    > installation take little more time than CPU needed to get big temperature.
    >
    > Before time I tried to install Ubuntu and have same problem.
    >
    > How I can keep running my cooler?
    > Please advice.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Alexandr.
    > --
    > ----------
    > KAlexandr.com - Quality Software for Your Web

    A few degrees change in ambient temperature is significant. Here in San
    Francisisco, the normal range is 55F to 65F. My Thinkpad normally runs at
    100F to 115F. When we have warm days; for example, in the 75F to 85F range;
    CPU temp hovers in the 125F to 135F range. Move to a cooler area if
    possible; open some windows. This might not solve your problem entirely,
    but it's a start.

    --
    "...heart and soul....one will burn."
    - Joy Division

  3. Re: debin installation problem

    Alexandr Kosarev wrote:
    > Hello.
    >
    > I try to install debian to my notebook Amilo L
    > After boot(kernel load) from CD, cooler stop work and laptop turnoff
    > power, because CPU get big temperature. As result I can not install
    > debian - installation take little more time than CPU needed to get big
    > temperature.
    >
    > Before time I tried to install Ubuntu and have same problem.
    >
    > How I can keep running my cooler?
    > Please advice.

    It could be your laptop needs GOOD cleaning. If you didn't overclock
    CPU, then it should be running fine. Clean up your cooler from dust, or
    take it to nearest harware repair service to do it for you.

  4. Re: debin installation problem

    Jovisa skrev:
    > Alexandr Kosarev wrote:
    >> Hello.
    >>
    >> I try to install debian to my notebook Amilo L
    >> After boot(kernel load) from CD, cooler stop work and laptop turnoff
    >> power, because CPU get big temperature. As result I can not install
    >> debian - installation take little more time than CPU needed to get
    >> big temperature.
    >>
    >> Before time I tried to install Ubuntu and have same problem.
    >>
    >> How I can keep running my cooler?
    >> Please advice.
    >>

    > It could be your laptop needs GOOD cleaning. If you didn't overclock
    > CPU, then it should be running fine. Clean up your cooler from dust,
    > or take it to nearest harware repair service to do it for you.

    Could be that, but it sounds like the cpu fan was working until the
    kernel loaded (or with some other propriety OS ;( )
    Anyone else that has had any similar problems with the Amilo L series
    laptop?

    /yosh