I need domain configuration exports from commercial control panels - Debian

This is a discussion on I need domain configuration exports from commercial control panels - Debian ; Hi, As you may know, I am the main author of the first open source control panel that has a chance to be included in the forthcoming Lenny. I wrote, 2 weeks ago, import and export functionalities to make it ...

  1. I need domain configuration exports from commercial control panels

    Hi,

    As you may know, I am the main author of the first open source control
    panel that has a chance to be included in the forthcoming Lenny.

    I wrote, 2 weeks ago, import and export functionalities to make it easy
    to move domains between panel installations.

    Now, I want to also be able to import from commercial control panels
    like cPanel, DA or Plesk. I already have a (not surprisingly very ugly)
    export from Plesk 8, but I need some from others.

    So if you can help me, fill a fake domain with accounts (email,
    subdomains, ftp, database), then do an export, and send it to me. That
    would be of great help.

    Regards and thanks to anybody that can help,

    Thomas Goirand

    P.S: Note that I tried to ask in other places without much success...

  2. Re: I need domain configuration exports from commercial control panels

    blorb wrote:
    > i can export DA as backup.... would it help?

    It would indeed! What it calls "backup" is the configuration of the
    email accounts, etc. right?

    Thomas

  3. Re: I need domain configuration exports from commercial control panels

    On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 2:26 PM, Thomas Goirand wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > As you may know, I am the main author of the first open source control
    > panel that has a chance to be included in the forthcoming Lenny.
    >
    > I wrote, 2 weeks ago, import and export functionalities to make it easy
    > to move domains between panel installations.
    >
    > Now, I want to also be able to import from commercial control panels
    > like cPanel, DA or Plesk. I already have a (not surprisingly very ugly)
    > export from Plesk 8, but I need some from others.
    >
    > So if you can help me, fill a fake domain with accounts (email,
    > subdomains, ftp, database), then do an export, and send it to me. That
    > would be of great help.
    >
    > Regards and thanks to anybody that can help,
    >
    > Thomas Goirand
    >
    > P.S: Note that I tried to ask in other places without much success...
    >

    > --

    "I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes".
    echo tibibsgAhnbjm/dpn | perl -pe 's/(.)/chr(ord($1)-1)/ge'

+ Reply to Thread