Call for translations of debian-refcard (update) - Debian

This is a discussion on Call for translations of debian-refcard (update) - Debian ; Hi, thanks to all the translators who already have updated the po files. Work is still needed urgently for the following translations: ca, cs, da, fr, gl, he, nl, pt_PT, tr, uk For tr I have a translator, but maybe ...

  1. Call for translations of debian-refcard (update)

    Hi,

    thanks to all the translators who already have updated the po
    files. Work is still needed urgently for the following
    translations:

    ca, cs, da, fr, gl, he, nl, pt_PT, tr, uk

    For tr I have a translator, but maybe they need help.

    Translations into other languages are welcome, too! Esp. I would
    really like to see a Hindi (hi) translation!

    What to do first?

    - Contact me before you start working on a translation. I will
    coordinate to prevent duplicated work.

    Where to download?

    - For existing translations download the po file, e.g. for French
    http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/*check...ard/po4a/fr.po
    or use subversion:
    svn://svn.debian.org/svn/ddp/manuals/trunk/refcard/

    - For a new translation download the pot file
    http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/*check...4a/entries.pot
    (or use svn, like above) and copy it to XX.po with XX being
    your ISO language code, such as fr for French.

    How to submit?

    - Just send the PO file to me. Or send me a patch with the
    original SVN revision number.

    - If you have write access to the Debian documentation projects
    SVN repository at:
    svn://svn.debian.org/svn/ddp/manuals/trunk/refcard/po4a
    just commit, but please, run "make tidypo" before committing.
    ("make tidypo" normalises the layout of the po file.)

    How to check the layout?

    - I send you the PDF immediately, if possible, so that you can
    correct any mistakes.

    - Alternatively: If you have checked out the complete project do
    "make refcard-XX-a4.pdf USE_DBLATEX=1"
    Again XX is your ISO language code.

    Deadline?

    - ASAP. Now. Yesterday.

    Many thanks in advance!

  2. Re: Call for translations of debian-refcard (update)

    Hello W. Martin,
    On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 05:44:33PM +0200, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
    > thanks to all the translators who already have updated the po
    > files. Work is still needed urgently for the following
    > translations:
    >
    > ca, cs, da, fr, gl, he, nl, pt_PT, tr, uk
    >
    > For tr I have a translator, but maybe they need help.

    Which translations are complete, i.e. do *not* need to rush out for the
    pot file to start?

    Greetings

    Helge
    --
    Dr. Helge Kreutzmann debian@helgefjell.de
    Dipl.-Phys. http://www.helgefjell.de/debian.php

  3. Re: Call for translations of debian-refcard (update)

    On 2008-09-23 18:20, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
    > Which translations are complete, i.e. do *not* need to rush out for the
    > pot file to start?

    Good point. Here are the current statistics:

    ar 112 ok.
    bg 112 ok.
    ca 41 ok, 69 fuzzy, 2 todo.
    cs 112 ok.