Hi there,

I have a Dell Latitude notebook running lenny/sid, and just added a
"SysKonnekt" PCMCIA WLAN-card to it, which has a WG511 Marvell chipset.
Googling a bit, helped me getting the card working with ndiswrapper and
wpa_supplicant, but there are a few caveats left:

1. It seems that ndiswrapper is not available for the newest kernel
(2.6.26-1-686), but only for 2.6.25 - is this correct? And, if yes, is
there a possibility to get the module working with 2.6.26 (except of
compiling it, which is of course an option, but maybe there's an easier
way)?

2. When I start wpa_supplicant in a console without sending it to the
background, it works and I get a connection to my WLAN (Linksys router
running Talisman with WPA/TKIP), when I issue a "dhclient wlan0" in
another console. Obviously, this is a bit complicated, so I tried to
script it up, and start wpa_supplicant with the -B option or send it to
the background by using "&". But then, it's not working at all, and it
seems the driver is unable to build up the connection... Is there a way
to automate things a bit?

3. It seems that ndiswrapper (or wpa_supplicant, unsure about this)
stops working when I switch off SSID broadcast. But, I'd like to hide my
SSID because of security risks, so has someone getting it working with
SSID hiding?

Thanks,

and have a nice hackin',

Harald