Parallel installation of KDE 3 & 4? - Debian

This is a discussion on Parallel installation of KDE 3 & 4? - Debian ; I thought I had been following the discussion in here, but apparently not closely enough. I'm still a bit wary of switching to KDE 4 entirely, however, if possible, I'd like to install it in parallel with KDE 3 or, ...

  1. Parallel installation of KDE 3 & 4?

    I thought I had been following the discussion in here, but apparently
    not closely enough. I'm still a bit wary of switching to KDE 4
    entirely, however, if possible, I'd like to install it in parallel with
    KDE 3 or, even better, mix and match apps from both versions.

    I'm running sid/unstable and if what I'm looking for is at all possible,
    it apparently isn't as easy as installing the experimental kde4
    package.

    Michael

    --
    Michael Schuerig
    mailto:michael@schuerig.de

  2. Re: Parallel installation of KDE 3 & 4?

    Le mardi 16 septembre 2008 à 20:16, Michael Schuerig a écrit*:
    > I thought I had been following the discussion in here, but apparently
    > not closely enough. I'm still a bit wary of switching to KDE 4
    > entirely, however, if possible, I'd like to install it in parallel with
    > KDE 3 or, even better, mix and match apps from both versions.

    You have to choose between KDE 3 and KDE 4, but you can still use KDE 3
    softwares with KDE 4...

    --
    Laurent Léonard

  3. RE: Parallel installation of KDE 3 & 4?

    > From: laurent@open-minds.org
    > To: debian-kde@lists.debian.org
    > Subject: Re: Parallel installation of KDE 3 & 4?
    > Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 20:24:59 +0200
    >
    > Le mardi 16 septembre 2008 à 20:16, Michael Schuerig a écrit :
    > > I thought I had been following the discussion in here, but apparently
    > > not closely enough. I'm still a bit wary of switching to KDE 4
    > > entirely, however, if possible, I'd like to install it in parallel with
    > > KDE 3 or, even better, mix and match apps from both versions.

    > You have to choose between KDE 3 and KDE 4, but you can still use KDE 3
    > softwares with KDE 4...
    >
    > --
    > Laurent Léonard

    Couldn't you make an installation on virtual box, see how that works
    out for you and decide based on that whether you want to make the
    switch?

    Cheers

    Robert

    Jouw nieuws en entertainment, vind je op MSN.nl!
    http://nl.msn.com/

+ Reply to Thread