[4.1.1] krunner_lock - Debian

This is a discussion on [4.1.1] krunner_lock - Debian ; Hi! I don't know why, but I can't unlock my screen with my password anymore. I can log in, I can lock the screen but when I enter my password it just states, that password is wrong. But I can ...

  1. [4.1.1] krunner_lock

    Hi!

    I don't know why, but I can't unlock my screen with my password
    anymore. I can log in, I can lock the screen but when I enter my
    password it just states, that password is wrong. But I can kill
    krunner_lock for accessing my desktop again...

    Any hints?

    Bye...Frank

  2. Re: [4.1.1] krunner_lock

    Recently there was a pam upgrade in testing and unstable. Maybe
    restarting KDM or something like that helps.

  3. Re: [4.1.1] krunner_lock

    On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 5:08 PM, David Bremner wrote:
    > Recently there was a pam upgrade in testing and unstable. Maybe
    > restarting KDM or something like that helps.

    I even rebooted the machine on sunday...

  4. Re: [4.1.1] krunner_lock

    Hi,

    antradienis 16 Rugsėjis 2008, Frank Thieme rašė:
    > I don't know why, but I can't unlock my screen with my password
    > anymore. I can log in, I can lock the screen but when I enter my
    > password it just states, that password is wrong. But I can kill
    > krunner_lock for accessing my desktop again...

    Check /var/log/auth.log

    --
    Modestas Vainius

  5. Re: [4.1.1] krunner_lock

    On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 6:00 PM, Modestas Vainius wrote:
    > Check /var/log/auth.log

    Sep 16 11:47:26 stars unix_chkpwd[19167]: check pass; user unknown
    Sep 16 11:47:26 stars unix_chkpwd[19167]: password check failed for
    user (fthieme)
    Sep 16 11:47:26 stars kcheckpass[19166]: pam_unix(kde:auth):
    authentication failure; logname=fthieme uid=1000 euid=1000 tty=:0
    ruser= rhost= user=fthieme
    Sep 16 11:47:26 stars kcheckpass[19166]: Authentication failure for
    fthieme (invoked by uid 1000)

    mmh, but fthieme is my username...