Software raid - Debian

This is a discussion on Software raid - Debian ; Hi,but I have installed Debian Etch using the software raid setup from the installer. As a guide i have used the following link: http://andreas.scherbaum.la/blog/arc...ATA-disks.html but instead of SATA disks I have used two IDE disks. Everything went well, the system ...

  1. Software raid

    Hi,but

    I have installed Debian Etch using the software raid setup from the installer.
    As a guide i have used the following link: http://andreas.scherbaum.la/blog/arc...ATA-disks.html
    but instead of SATA disks I have used two IDE disks.
    Everything went well, the system installed without problems but when booting the fresh installed system GRUB gives the following error
    "Error 25" and the boot process stops.
    I cannot figure it out what is the problem, i have searched the Internet for similar errors but without success.
    Can you help me please?

    Regards,
    Adam

  2. Re: Software raid

    On Sunday 14 September 2008, Sebestyen Szabolcs wrote:
    > Everything went well, the system installed without problems but when
    > booting the fresh installed system GRUB gives the following error
    > "Error 25" and the boot process stops.
    > I cannot figure it out what is the problem, i have searched the
    > Internet for similar errors but without success. Can you help me
    > please?

    You can find the meaning of grub errors on this page:
    http://www.uruk.org/orig-grub/errors.html

    Looks like your grub configuration file /etc/grub/menu.lst is somehow
    broken. You can use the rescue mode of the installer to try and correct
    the error. See the Installation Guide for further information.

    Cheers,
    FJP

+ Reply to Thread