multiple konsole windows - Debian

This is a discussion on multiple konsole windows - Debian ; Hi, I just installed kde 4.1 from experimental and have observed the following. If I open up various applications and then log out and log back in, some of the applications that were open previously are not automatically started back ...

  1. multiple konsole windows

    Hi,

    I just installed kde 4.1 from experimental and have observed the following.
    If I open up various applications and then log out and log back in, some of
    the applications that were open previously are not automatically started back
    up. Specifically, if I open an instance of iceweasel, it does not start back
    up. In addition, if I have multiple konsole windows opened, only one of the
    windows is remembered when logging back in.

    Have others observed this same behavior and are there any work arounds?

    Note: I created a test user and tried the above experiments and had the same
    problems.

    Thanks,

    John Schmidt

  2. Re: multiple konsole windows

    Am Freitag, 12. September 2008 06:03:22 schrieb John Schmidt:
    > I just installed kde 4.1 from experimental and have observed the following.
    > If I open up various applications and then log out and log back in, some of
    > the applications that were open previously are not automatically started
    > back up. Specifically, if I open an instance of iceweasel, it does not
    > start back up. In addition, if I have multiple konsole windows opened,
    > only one of the windows is remembered when logging back in.
    >
    > Have others observed this same behavior and are there any work arounds?

    I have observed the same behaviour on my system (KDE 4.1 from lenny-
    backports).
    --
    Best Regards,
    Dominik

  3. Re: multiple konsole windows

    On Friday 12 September 2008, Dominik Schulz wrote:
    > Am Freitag, 12. September 2008 06:03:22 schrieb John Schmidt:
    > > I just installed kde 4.1 from experimental and have observed the
    > > following. If I open up various applications and then log out and log
    > > back in, some of the applications that were open previously are not
    > > automatically started back up. Specifically, if I open an instance of
    > > iceweasel, it does not start back up. In addition, if I have multiple
    > > konsole windows opened, only one of the windows is remembered when
    > > logging back in.
    > >
    > > Have others observed this same behavior and are there any work arounds?

    > I have observed the same behaviour on my system (KDE 4.1 from lenny-
    > backports).

    To follow up after looking at some bug reports on konsole in KDE 4.1, I
    understand that session saving/restoration is being worked on but is not at
    the same state it was in the KDE 3.5.x series. Evidently there is a new
    session state saving/restoration in 4.x that is integrated into various
    components at various levels of completeness (at least as compared to 3.5.x
    behavior).

    John Schmidt