Re: favor needed by debian beginner - Debian

This is a discussion on Re: favor needed by debian beginner - Debian ; > > > >---- Original Message ---- >From: andreimpopescu@gmail.com >To: debian-doc@lists.debian.org >Subject: Re: favor needed by debian beginner >Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 10:33:55 +0300 > >>[Your question belongs to debian-user, so I'm Cc'ing there] >> >>On Wed,03.Sep.08, 00:00:13, Navjot ...

  1. Re: favor needed by debian beginner

    I teach C at the college level using Debian (etch). Although the
    students have gnome and gedit, I actually force them to use vi/nano
    and the CLI for much of the work. My arguement to them is that
    different distributions of Linux/UNIX have different apps associated
    with them; however all(at least all I have seen) have vi and of
    course the standard terminal interface. As such, as long as they can
    use the CLI and vi they are capable of utilizing any such machine.
    Larry

  2. Re: favor needed by debian beginner

    owens@netptc.net a écrit :

> [...]

    Moreover, you can add that Vi is available on several plateforms
    (Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, BSD,...) with same keys associated to same action.

    Laurent

    - --
    Laurent Guignard, Registered as user #301590 with the Linux Counter

    Site : http://www.famille-guignard.org

    Blog : http://blog.famille-guignard.org

    Projet : http://sicontact.sourceforge.net

    GULL de Villefranche sur Saône : http://www.cagull.org