Anyone looked at Chromium for Debian yet? - Debian

This is a discussion on Anyone looked at Chromium for Debian yet? - Debian ; Hey, Has anyone looked at packaging Chromium for Debian yet? http://code.google.com/chromium/ http://dev.chromium.org/developers/ http://src.chromium.org/svn/trunk/src/chrome/ Looks like a 3-clause BSD, was going to check out the code and scour it for potential DFSG issues but my downlink was slow. >From what I ...

  1. Anyone looked at Chromium for Debian yet?

    Hey,

    Has anyone looked at packaging Chromium for Debian yet?

    http://code.google.com/chromium/
    http://dev.chromium.org/developers/
    http://src.chromium.org/svn/trunk/src/chrome/

    Looks like a 3-clause BSD, was going to check out the code and scour it for
    potential DFSG issues but my downlink was slow.

    >From what I gather, a GNU/Linux build might be possible, with a bit of massaging

    here and there... though I obviously haven't done much research into this yet.

    I notice that as of yesterday evening, no one had filed an ITP.

    Best,

    --
    Noah Slater, http://bytesexual.org/nslater

  2. Re: Anyone looked at Chromium for Debian yet?

    Noah Slater wrote:
    > Hey,
    >
    > Has anyone looked at packaging Chromium for Debian yet?
    >
    > http://code.google.com/chromium/
    > http://dev.chromium.org/developers/
    > http://src.chromium.org/svn/trunk/src/chrome/
    >
    > Looks like a 3-clause BSD, was going to check out the code and scour itfor
    > potential DFSG issues but my downlink was slow.
    >
    >>From what I gather, a GNU/Linux build might be possible, with a bit of massaging

    > here and there... though I obviously haven't done much research into this yet.
    >
    > I notice that as of yesterday evening, no one had filed an ITP.
    >
    > Best,

    Google stands it doesn't available under Linux, what do you suggest to
    package?

    --
    Eugene V. Lyubimkin aka JackYF

  3. Re: Anyone looked at Chromium for Debian yet?

    Em Qua, 2008-09-03 ├*s 15:17 +0200, Miriam Ruiz escreveu:
    > 2008/9/3 Noah Slater :
    > > Has anyone looked at packaging Chromium for Debian yet?

    > I've downloaded it and started to play with the code. It doesn't work
    > yet neither in Linux, nor in 64 bits.

    A friend of mine reported[0] a successful build in Debian.

    Greetings.

    0:
    https://listas.dcc.ufmg.br/pipermail...er/022464.html
    It sais: I compiled it here nicely in Debian. I had only to change a
    little bit in the source of __tt_main_proc.c, which made a native call
    to Windows' systray.

    --
    marcot
    Página: http://marcotmarcot.googlepages.com/

  4. Re: Anyone looked at Chromium for Debian yet?

    On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 02:13:34PM +0100, Noah Slater wrote:
    > Hey,
    >
    > Has anyone looked at packaging Chromium for Debian yet?
    >
    > http://code.google.com/chromium/
    > http://dev.chromium.org/developers/
    > http://src.chromium.org/svn/trunk/src/chrome/
    >
    > Looks like a 3-clause BSD, was going to check out the code and scour it for
    > potential DFSG issues but my downlink was slow.
    >
    > >From what I gather, a GNU/Linux build might be possible, with a bit of massaging

    > here and there... though I obviously haven't done much research into this yet.
    >
    > I notice that as of yesterday evening, no one had filed an ITP.

    I would advise anyone interested in packaging Chromium to not consider
    it before Lenny release and help fixing the annoying RC bugs in
    iceweasel/xulrunner instead.

    Mike

  5. Re: Anyone looked at Chromium for Debian yet?

    On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 10:32:12AM -0300, Marco T˙lio Gontijo e Silva wrote:
    > A friend of mine reported[0] a successful build in Debian.

    [...]
    > https://listas.dcc.ufmg.br/pipermail...er/022464.html
    > It sais: I compiled it here nicely in Debian. I had only to change a
    > little bit in the source of __tt_main_proc.c, which made a native call
    > to Windows' systray.

    Ah yes, I was sure I had seen something about it working...

    I concur that we have bigger things to be worrying about right now, was just
    interested in a quick canvas of opinions, thoughts &c.

    --
    Noah Slater, http://bytesexual.org/nslater

  6. Re: Anyone looked at Chromium for Debian yet?

    Marco T├║lio Gontijo e Silva wrote:
    > Em Qua, 2008-09-03 ├*s 15:17 +0200, Miriam Ruiz escreveu:
    >
    >> 2008/9/3 Noah Slater :
    >>
    >>> Has anyone looked at packaging Chromium for Debian yet?
    >>>

    >> I've downloaded it and started to play with the code. It doesn't work
    >> yet neither in Linux, nor in 64 bits.
    >>

    > A friend of mine reported[0] a successful build in Debian.
    >
    > Greetings.
    >
    > 0:
    > https://listas.dcc.ufmg.br/pipermail...er/022464.html
    > It sais: I compiled it here nicely in Debian. I had only to change a
    > little bit in the source of __tt_main_proc.c, which made a native call
    > to Windows' systray.

    It's going here too. Look closely at the small print.. .all your
    searches are belong to us (google)

    Enjoy

  7. Re: Anyone looked at Chromium for Debian yet?

    Mike Hommey wrote:
    > On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 02:13:34PM +0100, Noah Slater wrote:
    >>
    >> Has anyone looked at packaging Chromium for Debian yet?
    >>

    > I would advise anyone interested in packaging Chromium to not consider
    > it before Lenny release and help fixing the annoying RC bugs in
    > iceweasel/xulrunner instead.

    That's right, but at the same time some of us also want to have
    some fun in Debian.

    Happy hacking,

    Franklin

  8. Re: Anyone looked at Chromium for Debian yet?

    On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 12:01 AM, Mike Hommey wrote:

    > I want fun, too. Maybe I should orphan these packages.

    Please try the chromium package already in Debian instead.

    --
    bye,
    pabs

    http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise

  9. Re: Anyone looked at Chromium for Debian yet?

    On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 05:44:45PM +0200, Franklin PIAT wrote:
    > Mike Hommey wrote:
    > > On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 02:13:34PM +0100, Noah Slater wrote:
    > >>
    > >> Has anyone looked at packaging Chromium for Debian yet?
    > >>

    > > I would advise anyone interested in packaging Chromium to not consider
    > > it before Lenny release and help fixing the annoying RC bugs in
    > > iceweasel/xulrunner instead.

    > That's right, but at the same time some of us also want to have
    > some fun in Debian.

    I want fun, too. Maybe I should orphan these packages.

    Mike

  10. Re: Anyone looked at Chromium for Debian yet?

    Mike Hommey wrote:
    > On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 05:44:45PM +0200, Franklin PIAT wrote:
    >> Mike Hommey wrote:
    >>> I would advise anyone interested in packaging Chromium to not consider
    >>> it before Lenny release and help fixing the annoying RC bugs in
    >>> iceweasel/xulrunner instead.

    >> That's right, but at the same time some of us also want to have
    >> some fun in Debian.

    > I want fun, too. Maybe I should orphan these packages.

    I don't think so.

    --
    Eugene V. Lyubimkin aka JackYF

+ Reply to Thread