favor needed by debian beginner - Debian

This is a discussion on favor needed by debian beginner - Debian ; Hello Debian Scientists, I am navi from india. I am new to debian and embedded linux. I have worked in telecom projects on symbian OS for quite a good time. This linux world is quite like a virgin territory but ...

  1. favor needed by debian beginner

    Hello Debian Scientists,

    I am navi from india.

    I am new to debian and embedded linux.

    I have worked in telecom projects on symbian OS for quite a good time.

    This linux world is quite like a virgin territory but very interesting.

    Its my second day and i tried to make some programs with gcc in C
    language and vim editor.

    But this vim editor is cumbersome.
    Can u guys kindly suggest me some good IDE or may be editor for
    programming and hopefully debugging on debian.
    I am mainly trying to work on c++. but not started yet.

    And how about eclipse IDE.

    Thanks for reading my message.

    regards,
    navi

  2. Re: favor needed by debian beginner

    [Your question belongs to debian-user, so I'm Cc'ing there]

    On Wed,03.Sep.08, 00:00:13, Navjot Kanda wrote:

    [...]

    > Its my second day and i tried to make some programs with gcc in C
    > language and vim editor.
    >
    > But this vim editor is cumbersome.

    Here is a nice article which might tell you why (and how) you should use
    vim:
    http://linuxgazette.net/152/srinivasan.html

    Regards,
    Andrei