Lenny installer broken for Debian Edu (partman-base/parted_server missing libparted-1.7.so.1) - Debian

This is a discussion on Lenny installer broken for Debian Edu (partman-base/parted_server missing libparted-1.7.so.1) - Debian ; Hi. A few days now, the Debian Edu netinst CD has been broken, and unable to install. I had a look at why just now, and the problem is related to libparted. When main-menu select partman-base, this message is printed ...

  1. Lenny installer broken for Debian Edu (partman-base/parted_server missing libparted-1.7.so.1)

    Hi. A few days now, the Debian Edu netinst CD has been broken, and
    unable to install. I had a look at why just now, and the problem is
    related to libparted.

    When main-menu select partman-base, this message is printed in the
    log:

    parted_server: error while loading shared libraries:
    libparted-1.7.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
    directory

    The library is missing in the d-i environment. Is there some version
    skew, or some udeb missing, or something else? What can I do to solve
    it?

    Happy hacking,
    --
    Petter Reinholdtsen

  2. Re: Lenny installer broken for Debian Edu (partman-base/parted_server missing libparted-1.7.so.1)

    * Petter Reinholdtsen [2008-08-12 17:19]:

    This is http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=494532

    --
    Martin Michlmayr
    http://www.cyrius.com/

  3. Re: Lenny installer broken for Debian Edu (partman-base/parted_server missing libparted-1.7.so.1)

    [Petter Reinholdtsen]
    > The library is missing in the d-i environment. Is there some
    > version skew, or some udeb missing, or something else? What can I
    > do to solve it?

    I was just told on IRC that this is already reported,
    http://bugs.debian.org/494532 >. I see it is already being
    worked on, and guess we will just have to be patient.

    Happy hacking,
    --
    Petter Reinholdtsen