projectb users - we want you - Debian

  1. projectb users - we want you

  2. Re: projectb users - we want you

    Le Wed, Aug 06, 2008 at 09:13:47PM +0200, Joerg Jaspert a crit :
    > Hi
    >
    > as we are currently planning database changes en masse to the projectb,

    Hi Jrg,

    can you briefly summarise what the projectdb is? I tried a Google search
    with "debian projectdb" as a keyword and did not find any relevant
    public documentation. Is the change related to the "Ultimate Debian
    Database" that is being developped during the Google Summer of Code?

    Have a nice day,

    --
    Charles Plessy
    Debian Med packaging team,

  3. Re: projectb users - we want you

    Charles Plessy (07/08/2008):

    ^

    > I tried a Google search with "debian projectdb" as a keyword

    ^^

    Also, you may need to force the search on projectb (rather than project)
    by using quotes around that keyword, depending on your search engine.
    You'll find some posts on Jörg's blog, which should give you some leads.

    Mraw,
    KiBi.

  4. Re: projectb users - we want you

    On 11470 March 1977, Charles Plessy wrote:

    >> as we are currently planning database changes en masse to the projectb,

    > can you briefly summarise what the projectdb is? I tried a Google search
    > with "debian projectdb" as a keyword and did not find any relevant
    > public documentation. Is the change related to the "Ultimate Debian
    > Database" that is being developped during the Google Summer of Code?

    As you dont know it - you are for sure no user of it, so not my target.

    That aside - its the central dak database keeping the information we (as
    in ftp*) need to provide/run the archive. Nothing to do with the UDD.

    --
    bye, Joerg
    [Clint]: I'm convinced zsh users could deal with a keyboard that has 5 random letters, tab and enter.

  5. Re: projectb users - we want you

    > As you dont know it - you are for sure no user of it, so not my target.

    And that should have had a behind, which some dwarfs did eat.

    --
    bye, Joerg
    Das mit Tolimar ist echt doof.

  6. Re: projectb users - we want you

    On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 12:13 PM, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
    > Please login to merkel and add yourself to ~joerg/projectb.users (the
    > file is mode 666, so everyone with login is able to do it).

    Done. I'm surprised at the few entries after almost a week. Is no one
    using projectb, or is everyone busy at debconf?

    > Also, as a user, or potential user, of that database - feel free to let
    > us know what other data you would like to see in it. We might actually
    > put it into the database then. (It has to be related to the archive in
    > some way, so we wont randomly list, eg., bug data or something, but one
    > example would be adding the descriptions or so).

    I'd like to have access to all of the hashes of the files, SHA1 in
    particular, instead of just the MD5.

    Also, there's some information available in the archive that doesn't
    seem to be available in projectb, but that it would be nice to have.
    The suite_architectures table is incomplete (only listing unstable,
    experimental, sarge-r0, and etch-m68k). And there also isn't a way to
    determine the codenames from the suite names without looking in the
    Release files.

    Thanks,
    Cameron

  7. Re: projectb users - we want you