unblocking partman-multipath - Debian

This is a discussion on unblocking partman-multipath - Debian ; Hi Otavio On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 08:28:24AM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote: [..snip..] > I won't upload 1.9 for Debian now and if we do it fast, after Parted > migrates to lenny, we might test it and try ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 27 of 27

  1. Re: unblocking partman-multipath

    Hi Otavio
    On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 08:28:24AM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
    [..snip..]
    > I won't upload 1.9 for Debian now and if we do it fast, after Parted
    > migrates to lenny, we might test it and try to get an
    > exception. However until that is done, I wouldn't like to have unused
    > udebs on lenny.

    We have a fixed parted in Lenny now we should unblock partman-multipath
    now too.
    -- Guido

  2. Re: unblocking partman-multipath

    Guido G√ľnther writes:

    > Hi Otavio
    > On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 08:28:24AM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
    > [..snip..]
    >> I won't upload 1.9 for Debian now and if we do it fast, after Parted
    >> migrates to lenny, we might test it and try to get an
    >> exception. However until that is done, I wouldn't like to have unused
    >> udebs on lenny.

    > We have a fixed parted in Lenny now we should unblock partman-multipath
    > now too.

    Until we have partman updated on lenny, new parted is not used on the
    images. Let's hold it until RC1 is there.

    --
    O T A V I O S A L V A D O R
    E-mail: otavio@debian.org UIN: 5906116

  3. Re: unblocking partman-multipath

    On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 08:17:32PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
    > Guido GŁnther writes:
    >
    > > Hi Otavio
    > > On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 08:28:24AM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
    > > [..snip..]
    > >> I won't upload 1.9 for Debian now and if we do it fast, after Parted
    > >> migrates to lenny, we might test it and try to get an
    > >> exception. However until that is done, I wouldn't like to have unused
    > >> udebs on lenny.

    > > We have a fixed parted in Lenny now we should unblock partman-multipath
    > > now too.

    > Until we have partman updated on lenny, new parted is not used on the
    > images. Let's hold it until RC1 is there.

    The new parted is used if you build current d-i form unstable.

    This was basically in response to your mail to d-d-a. Pushing
    partman-multipath would do now harm and would increase test coverage
    since people could install lenny instead of unstable then.
    But no problem, I can wait a little longer.
    -- Guido

  4. Re: unblocking partman-multipath

    On Thursday 18 September 2008, Guido GŁnther wrote:
    > This was basically in response to your mail to d-d-a. Pushing
    > partman-multipath would do now harm and would increase test coverage
    > since people could install lenny instead of unstable then.

    You still have some very basic misconceptions about what is needed to
    install Lenny. Migrating partman-multipath has got exactly NOTHING to do
    with the ability to install testing using partman-multipath.

    Daily built images support the use of partman-multipath. Daily built
    images *install testing*, they do *not* install unstable.

  5. Re: unblocking partman-multipath

    On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 07:31:57PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
    [..snip..]
    > You still have some very basic misconceptions about what is needed to
    > install Lenny. Migrating partman-multipath has got exactly NOTHING to do
    > with the ability to install testing using partman-multipath.

    Maybe that was my misconception indeed all along. I thought the udebs
    were already being pulled from testing but /etc/udebs-source still
    points to unstable - no hurry then.
    -- Guido

  6. Re: unblocking partman-multipath

    * Frans Pop [Thu, 18 Sep 2008 19:31:57 +0200]:

    > On Thursday 18 September 2008, Guido G√ľnther wrote:
    > > This was basically in response to your mail to d-d-a. Pushing
    > > partman-multipath would do now harm and would increase test coverage
    > > since people could install lenny instead of unstable then.

    > You still have some very basic misconceptions about what is needed to
    > install Lenny. Migrating partman-multipath has got exactly NOTHING to do
    > with the ability to install testing using partman-multipath.

    > Daily built images support the use of partman-multipath. Daily built
    > images *install testing*, they do *not* install unstable.

    Now that you mention, is there some document one could read to educate
    themselves with a high-level (or not so high level) overview of how all
    that works? I'd be interested...

    Adeodato Simó dato at net.com.org.es
    Debian Developer adeodato at debian.org

    - Are you sure we're good?
    - Always.
    -- Rory and Lorelai

  7. Re: unblocking partman-multipath

    On Friday 19 September 2008, Adeodato Simó wrote:
    > Now that you mention, is there some document one could read to educate
    > themselves with a high-level (or not so high level) overview of how all
    > that works? I'd be interested...

    The closest single document is:
    http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/doc/internals/

    Information is otherwise spread out over:
    http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller
    http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/d-i/trunk...ile&rev=0&sc=0
    http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/d-i/trunk...el/?rev=0&sc=0

+ Reply to Thread