Re: New kernel-wedge uploaded, time to upload linux-{kernel,modules}-di - Debian

This is a discussion on Re: New kernel-wedge uploaded, time to upload linux-{kernel,modules}-di - Debian ; On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 05:19:43PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote: > I have uploaded the > packages for amd64 and i386 and would like to ask porters to handle it > for your pet architecture(s). I decided to go ...

  1. Re: New kernel-wedge uploaded, time to upload linux-{kernel,modules}-di

    On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 05:19:43PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
    > I have uploaded the
    > packages for amd64 and i386 and would like to ask porters to handle it
    > for your pet architecture(s).

    I decided to go directly to 2.6.26 for s390 which is estimated for the
    next days.

    Bastian

    --
    Earth -- mother of the most beautiful women in the universe.
    -- Apollo, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" stardate 3468.1

  2. Re: New kernel-wedge uploaded, time to upload linux-{kernel,modules}-di

    Bastian Blank writes:

    > On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 05:19:43PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
    >> I have uploaded the
    >> packages for amd64 and i386 and would like to ask porters to handle it
    >> for your pet architecture(s).

    > I decided to go directly to 2.6.26 for s390 which is estimated for the
    > next days.

    Please don't do that. Please upload .25 kernel for s390 as we're doing
    for all architectures so we can allow .25 to migrate to Lenny.

    --
    O T A V I O S A L V A D O R
    E-mail: otavio@debian.org UIN: 5906116

  3. Re: New kernel-wedge uploaded, time to upload linux-{kernel,modules}-di

    On Fri, Jul 04, 2008 at 05:29:44PM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
    > Nope. You blocked it already for 3 months. This have to stop.

    I want a working proposal from the installer team how to avoid blocking
    the kernel in unstable for more than one month. I made one which you did
    not like so it is your turn now.

    Bastian

    --
    .... The prejudices people feel about each other disappear when they get
    to know each other.

  4. Re: New kernel-wedge uploaded, time to upload linux-{kernel,modules}-di

    On Fri, Jul 04, 2008 at 12:04:54PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
    > Bastian Blank writes:
    > > I decided to go directly to 2.6.26 for s390 which is estimated for the
    > > next days.

    > Please don't do that. Please upload .25 kernel for s390 as we're doing
    > for all architectures so we can allow .25 to migrate to Lenny.

    Nope. You blocked it already for 3 months. This have to stop.

    Bastian

    --
    We have phasers, I vote we blast 'em!
    -- Bailey, "The Corbomite Maneuver", stardate 1514.2

  5. Re: New kernel-wedge uploaded, time to upload linux-{kernel,modules}-di

    Bastian Blank wrote:
    > Nope. You blocked it already for 3 months.

    This seems to imply that:

    - linux-2.6 has been ready to migrate to testing for 3 months.
    IIRC I check its excuses fairly regularly and until recently it's
    had RC bugs keeping it out.
    - d-i somehow blocked the kernel from migrating.
    There was such a block added for beta1 on 20080215, but it was removed on
    20080317. The current thing blocking it from migrating does not seem
    to have anything to do with d-i, but just a missing 'easy' hint.
    - Based on the tone of your three messages, you don't really seem to consider
    yourself a member of the d-i team? OTOH, you seem to consider yourself
    able to arbitrarily overule the d-i RMs. Interesting.

    --
    see shy jo

  6. Re: New kernel-wedge uploaded, time to upload linux-{kernel,modules}-di

  7. Re: New kernel-wedge uploaded, time to upload linux-{kernel,modules}-di

    On Sun, Jul 06, 2008 at 09:22:23PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
    > This assertion is completely wrong. The kernel wasn't ready until last
    > upload so we were not blocking it since it wasn't _ready_ to migrate
    > to testing.

    No. We seem to have different definitions of "ready". The whole bunch of
    linux packages are never able to migrate to testing without help,
    regardless of the state.

    > I want to get whole d-i ready with 2.6.25 to we move to 2.6.26 (if
    > it's ready on time) and kernel team can use experimental for the
    > meanwhile uploads (as I've done for parted to not mess up with sid).

    As I already said, not with me.

    Bastian

    --
    Phasers locked on target, Captain.

  8. Re: New kernel-wedge uploaded, time to upload linux-{kernel,modules}-di

    On Sun, Jul 06, 2008 at 08:28:07PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
    > - linux-2.6 has been ready to migrate to testing for 3 months.
    > IIRC I check its excuses fairly regularly and until recently it's
    > had RC bugs keeping it out.

    This does not match the bug list. There is 1 RC bug open which already
    exists in testing. There are 2 RC bugs recently closed which are already
    in testing.

    > - d-i somehow blocked the kernel from migrating.
    > There was such a block added for beta1 on 20080215, but it was removed on
    > 20080317. The current thing blocking it from migrating does not seem
    > to have anything to do with d-i, but just a missing 'easy' hint.

    The request was denied by Otavio.

    > - Based on the tone of your three messages, you don't really seem to consider
    > yourself a member of the d-i team? OTOH, you seem to consider yourself
    > able to arbitrarily overule the d-i RMs. Interesting.

    No, I spook as porter. The request was sent to debian-ports@.

    Bastian

    --
    You! What PLANET is this!
    -- McCoy, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate 3134.0

  9. Re: New kernel-wedge uploaded, time to upload linux-{kernel,modules}-di