Lenny install CDs without LiLO package - Debian

This is a discussion on Lenny install CDs without LiLO package - Debian ; Hello, i have seen at the new lenny install CD with XFCe and at the usefull lenny netinst CD that the lilo package was removed. Do somebody know, why? For all my installations I use only LiLO as bootloader because ...

  1. Lenny install CDs without LiLO package

    Hello,

    i have seen at the new lenny install CD with XFCe and at the usefull
    lenny netinst CD that the lilo package was removed. Do somebody know,
    why?

    For all my installations I use only LiLO as bootloader because I
    use only XFS partitions, also for the root partitions. And for this
    combination the grub bootloader should not be used. So, if I install
    on a offline machine with only XFS-partitions the installation of an
    useful bootloader is not possible.

    Who can push the lilo package back into the install CDs?

    Joo

  2. Re: Lenny install CDs without LiLO package

    On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 2:37 PM, Jojo wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > i have seen at the new lenny install CD with XFCe and at the usefull
    > lenny netinst CD that the lilo package was removed. Do somebody know,
    > why?

    Oh, thats why my Lenny installation on Macbook is failing too.

    Please do something for it!

    --
    Cheers,
    Kartik Mistry | 0xD1028C8D | IRC: kart_

  3. Re: Lenny install CDs without LiLO package

    Yeah...

    Am 2008-06-25 11:07:12, schrieb Jojo:
    > Hello,
    >
    > i have seen at the new lenny install CD with XFCe and at the usefull
    > lenny netinst CD that the lilo package was removed. Do somebody know,
    > why?
    >
    > For all my installations I use only LiLO as bootloader because I
    > use only XFS partitions, also for the root partitions. And for this
    > combination the grub bootloader should not be used. So, if I install
    > on a offline machine with only XFS-partitions the installation of an
    > useful bootloader is not possible.

    Not only this, Without LILO, I can not install and/or reinstall 17 of my
    servers which refuse to work with grub.

    > Who can push the lilo package back into the install CDs?

    Good question!

    Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

    Michelle Konzack Apt. 917 ICQ #328449886
    +49/177/9351947 50, rue de Soultz MSN LinuxMichi

+ Reply to Thread