Hello,

please see the attached message. The Debian Gnome team needs help to
properly maintain the update-manager/update-notifier packages.

In this specific case, maintaining also means developing some code (in
python) to properly integrate those ubuntu-originated software in Debian.

Those software are important for many beginners using the Debian desktop
so I hope we will find some volunteers. They have been removed from
testing due to RC bugs (though those are relatively easy to fix) and
really need some love as bugs tend to accumulate otherwise.

http://packages.qa.debian.org/u/update-manager.html
http://packages.qa.debian.org/u/update-notifier.html

Cheers,
--