Re: debian-faq 4.0.1 ready for upload - Debian

This is a discussion on Re: debian-faq 4.0.1 ready for upload - Debian ; On 18/05/2008, at 3:26 PM, Joost van Baal wrote: > Hi, > > I plan to upload a new debian-faq package (version 4.0.1) within > about a > week. It fixes serious bug #479915. > > So, if you'd like ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Re: debian-faq 4.0.1 ready for upload

  1. Re: debian-faq 4.0.1 ready for upload


    On 18/05/2008, at 3:26 PM, Joost van Baal wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I plan to upload a new debian-faq package (version 4.0.1) within
    > about a
    > week. It fixes serious bug #479915.
    >
    > So, if you'd like to get any other changes (translation updates, e.g.)
    > in: now is the time. For the current status, see e.g.
    > http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/ddp/ma...nk/debian-faq/ .


    No PO files yet? I'm still willing to translate it if it's available
    in PO format.

    from Clytie

    Vietnamese Free Software Translation Team
    http://vnoss.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=projects:l10n




    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.4.8 (Darwin)

    iEYEARECAAYFAkg0/vwACgkQgPyLEUXLW+lacwCfUiHoIIkE2Xt1smDQ5sjTvvsb
    6dQAoJthU5EDQ5yOqnaoCz1akQNfL/9r
    =8xL4
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


  2. po files (was: Re: debian-faq 4.0.1 ready for upload)

    Hi,

    Op Thu 22 May 2008 om 02:35:00 +0930 schreef Clytie Siddall:
    >
    > On 18/05/2008, at 3:26 PM, Joost van Baal wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I plan to upload a new debian-faq package (version 4.0.1) within about
    >> a
    >> week. It fixes serious bug #479915.
    >>
    >> So, if you'd like to get any other changes (translation updates, e.g.)
    >> in: now is the time. For the current status, see e.g.
    >> http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/ddp/ma...nk/debian-faq/ .

    >
    > No PO files yet? I'm still willing to translate it if it's available in
    > PO format.


    I plan to upload using the "old" infrastructure, without .po files.

    W. Martin Borgert has started working with
    manuals/branches/debian-faq/dbk-po4a-utf8 . Some stuff in .po is there.
    I believe you should coordinate with him.

    _If_ this stuff gets finished before the general lenny-freeze, I'd be
    happy to help and try to get a po-ized faq in lenny.

    Thanks, Bye,

    Joost


    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)

    iQIVAwUBSDUM0allOfYkUl6eAQLSyxAApgQCu8nml5pnw42pdu aoncGvqOSYcDs6
    eWwhOAmNmWbqfe89WclBLKgXdC/cKoX5+JKoz1O8C0oBpZ6IDbvjNDkjk4//cZNW
    Z3NUqdc22df6EXfOBSh2ev/N3e9/vjXq1kvo+Br6kXCqDw/4Sx3BT4LhF9Uzy4JJ
    4qKIcJ+YCxtXo6uuE0VDausPgV+jnqVKzU2fa7ZMR/nPV3LNLvncrbYEeOR8BXYS
    CJL0JfJrbuQXnOhrrD5aaZmCFfhQ32BrwzCiWvSBSRdBddb0nK 1xMgNIxA+7RaAP
    pMQUYFS6y12QbqhsJKa04yZEfWaIWPL4R/T1mGyPzznNBD1CnNWTJOplX8ilDa82
    TnzOdIeInwle/bBacLF6xxWZurNi9FzKIiz65ljfP5FiN8Q4sFp4XdLaCS1rBa/Y
    Wa4yWqtLCVb7o5+3NURT+MRb9SAUCoRzJVCvEe1sKkhElAfz/jWXkVG0apMMPkIR
    qDjiEJKqU4dsLmu/TKXi9TKqLmCxMO0UpSFgl13Y825KnXtLkM+XuYnCooQegz6Y
    RNekZ9zmjSfyBieZPavAojAsZOGiT7SkQ1fL/bAfr8i2+taXp3LNkdmVJE1Xh2EZ
    VRXGUMwBl4WoZax8641DzHdYRZStUBUGGhDtz4yrvIrPWMG47y xkp3qbyJkVMo2e
    tukbhKrQjcA=
    =ze67
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


  3. Re: po files (was: Re: debian-faq 4.0.1 ready for upload)


    On 22/05/2008, at 3:34 PM, Joost van Baal wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Op Thu 22 May 2008 om 02:35:00 +0930 schreef Clytie Siddall:
    >>
    >> On 18/05/2008, at 3:26 PM, Joost van Baal wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I plan to upload a new debian-faq package (version 4.0.1) within
    >>> about
    >>> a
    >>> week. It fixes serious bug #479915.
    >>>
    >>> So, if you'd like to get any other changes (translation updates,
    >>> e.g.)
    >>> in: now is the time. For the current status, see e.g.
    >>> http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/ddp/ma...nk/debian-faq/ .

    >>
    >> No PO files yet? I'm still willing to translate it if it's
    >> available in
    >> PO format.

    >
    > I plan to upload using the "old" infrastructure, without .po files.
    >
    > W. Martin Borgert has started working with
    > manuals/branches/debian-faq/dbk-po4a-utf8 . Some stuff in .po is
    > there.
    > I believe you should coordinate with him.


    Drat, I just sent off an email to him. This is costing me imaginary
    paper.
    >
    >
    > _If_ this stuff gets finished before the general lenny-freeze, I'd be
    > happy to help and try to get a po-ized faq in lenny.


    Great. I'll work with Martin and see how we go. I see he already has
    directories for the existing languages in dbk-po4a-utf8: all I need is
    the POT file, to get started.

    Martin, do you have a POT file yet, for the Debian FAQ? If not, how
    long do you think before we will have one?

    I notice the existing files in the other language directories are
    still SGML, so I realize you haven't had time to run the conversion
    yet. Please create a Vietnamese (vi) directory as well.

    It would be great if we could have this ready for Lenny. (Newly-added
    languages, like mine, would need a tiny lead time to add the localized
    reference to the D-I Manual.)

    Happy Documenting!

    from Clytie

    Vietnamese Free Software Translation Team
    http://vnoss.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=projects:l10n




    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.4.8 (Darwin)

    iEYEARECAAYFAkg1GB0ACgkQgPyLEUXLW+mZZACfbRhMqGfA+0 2e0UT3B9cwNCQp
    PawAoKQkMZ2EfnH+AjKeoPwVnEEDvDgB
    =EKcY
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


  4. Re: po files (was: Re: debian-faq 4.0.1 ready for upload)

    On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 04:22:13PM +0930, Clytie Siddall wrote:
    > Great. I'll work with Martin and see how we go. I see he already has
    > directories for the existing languages in dbk-po4a-utf8: all I need is
    > the POT file, to get started.


    The pot files are now under po4a.
    An empty vi directory waits for you :~)

    > It would be great if we could have this ready for Lenny. (Newly-added
    > languages, like mine, would need a tiny lead time to add the localized
    > reference to the D-I Manual.)


    I'm not very optimistic about having the new DocBook/UTF-8/po4a
    FAQ ready for lenny. The po conversion of existing translations
    (diverging a lot from the English version) is a boring,
    difficult and error-prone task.


    --
    To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-doc-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
    with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

  5. Re: po files (was: Re: debian-faq 4.0.1 ready for upload)

    On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 04:41:02PM +0200, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
    > On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 04:22:13PM +0930, Clytie Siddall wrote:
    > > Great. I'll work with Martin and see how we go. I see he already has
    > > directories for the existing languages in dbk-po4a-utf8: all I need is
    > > the POT file, to get started.

    >
    > The pot files are now under po4a.
    > An empty vi directory waits for you :~)


    Really? It's not below svn.debian.org/svn/ddp/manuals/trunk/debian-faq.

    Jens


    --
    To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-doc-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
    with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

  6. Re: po files (was: Re: debian-faq 4.0.1 ready for upload)

    On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 08:03:12PM +0200, Jens Seidel wrote:
    > Really? It's not below svn.debian.org/svn/ddp/manuals/trunk/debian-faq.


    Sorry, I removed the quote line from Joost about the location:
    manuals/branches/debian-faq/dbk-po4a-utf8/.


    --
    To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-doc-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
    with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

  7. Re: po files (was: Re: debian-faq 4.0.1 ready for upload)


    On 23/05/2008, at 12:11 AM, W. Martin Borgert wrote:

    > On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 04:22:13PM +0930, Clytie Siddall wrote:
    >> Great. I'll work with Martin and see how we go. I see he already has
    >> directories for the existing languages in dbk-po4a-utf8: all I need
    >> is
    >> the POT file, to get started.

    >
    > The pot files are now under po4a.
    > An empty vi directory waits for you :~)


    Martin, thanks for your speedy and helpful actions!

    I've just reuploaded my innocent OSX SSH key, and I'm checking out the
    debian-faq now. I'll get started on the FAQ translation. I note that
    it's in several files, like the D-I Manual. That makes it a less
    intimidating task.
    >
    >
    >> It would be great if we could have this ready for Lenny. (Newly-added
    >> languages, like mine, would need a tiny lead time to add the
    >> localized
    >> reference to the D-I Manual.)

    >
    > I'm not very optimistic about having the new DocBook/UTF-8/po4a
    > FAQ ready for lenny. The po conversion of existing translations
    > (diverging a lot from the English version) is a boring,
    > difficult and error-prone task.



    That's a pity. Why is the po4a conversion so messy? Is that a po4a
    problem, or a problem with existing translations not following the
    same format?

    from Clytie

    Vietnamese Free Software Translation Team
    http://vnoss.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=projects:l10n




    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.4.8 (Darwin)

    iEYEARECAAYFAkg3wzIACgkQgPyLEUXLW+l52QCdHB1e3CPp1T OLxvlCh2Ql2tGV
    yPoAoKgQ6+8QwvabUkGP0QAv35kr8AZD
    =VbXG
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


  8. Re: po files (was: Re: debian-faq 4.0.1 ready for upload)

    On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 04:56:41PM +0930, Clytie Siddall wrote:
    > On 23/05/2008, at 12:11 AM, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
    >> I'm not very optimistic about having the new DocBook/UTF-8/po4a
    >> FAQ ready for lenny. The po conversion of existing translations
    >> (diverging a lot from the English version) is a boring,
    >> difficult and error-prone task.

    >
    > That's a pity. Why is the po4a conversion so messy? Is that a po4a
    > problem, or a problem with existing translations not following the same
    > format?


    It's just, that the English original changed (in some chapters)
    a lot since the translations have been created. In theory, it
    should be easier, if one gettextises from the very version, that
    has been used for the translation...


    --
    To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-doc-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
    with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

+ Reply to Thread